Bad Account Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiong

Reaction score
Tried to create an ad-free hosting account. Ran into a snag because I didn't yet have a forum account. By the time I finished getting that, the freehost signup screen was long gone. Returned to the signup and went around a couple times.

Now, it seems that the hosting account is in some sort of suspense or corrupted state. If I try to login, I get an error; if I try to create a new account (as suggested by support on IRC), that fails because I already have an account.

No confirmation email received of any kind, either for the forum account or the freehosting account. Support went in and fiddled with my forum account and turned it on, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post here for support. I've gone so far as to change my email addy in my forum CP -- twice, the last time to a completely different server. Still no joy. By the way, I've recently -- within the hour -- sent a successful test email to the original target address. I don't believe email is making it out on your end.

Xiong --> :nuts:

Chris73

Reaction score
Please use this URL before trying to sign up again. http://x10hosting.com/logout

If you get the confirmation from the first account creation attempt after creating this account. i would suggest choosing which account you wish to keep as we only allow one account per customer on the free servers.

Xiong

Reaction score
Re: Bad Account Creation / Confirmation Email Failure

I have slept, eaten, and returned refreshed to find a friendly reply.

Followed the indicated "logout" link, stepped through the entire signup procedure afresh. At Step 3, used current forum account.

"Hosting account signup confirmation e-mail sent. Please check your e-mail for further instructions."

This is a good thing, no? But no confirmation email arrives. Indeed, *no* email of any kind from x10, not at any time over the last 8 hours or so, since I started this process.

Rather than list the number of ways I've checked my email, I'll ask you to concede that my email is working and that the problem is further upstream. If you really want, I'll go into details of the various tests I've made. I'm confident that my email is working.

Found the "resend confirmation" button under the Hosting tab on your site and used it with the new hosting account UID. Still, no email at all from x10hosting.com.

Suggest you may try a manual test to:

arms@eaglehouse.us

Any other suggestions, well, I'll check in later.

-- Xiong

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
PM me the following and I will make the account for you.

Username:
Password:
Email:
Domain:
Ad-enhanced or ad-free:
If ad-enhanced what package:

Xiong

Reaction score
It's been 24 hrs since I PMed. Did I do it wrong or should I just be patient?

--Xiong

Xiong

Reaction score
Um, okay. Sorry to have created a new thread. I thought the main issue I raised in *this* thread was resolved. I tend to focus on Subject lines. But we can stay in the same thread.

I changed the Subject to "No Confirmation Emails" because that's what I believe the issue to be. I don't think there ever was any real account creation issue; rather, it's all about my failure to respond to confirmation emails that I fail to receive.

That said, I see my new thread was deleted. Here's what I wrote:

Created a forum account, never got a confirmation email. Support guy on IRC fixed it and -- perhaps stupidly -- I tried changing my forum account email addy. Didn't get a confirmation email on that and of course I got locked out again. Support guy on IRC fixed it again. Created a freehosting account, never got a confirmation email and the freehosting account was not activated. Posted here, Christopher fixed *that*.

Now, when I attempt to link my freehosting account to my forum account, I get this message (which is an improvement over "does not exist"):

"Confirmation E-mail sent, please check your E-mail and follow the instructions."

Still no confirmation email.

I have tested the target email addy exhaustively; it is correct and it does work. What now?

--Xiong

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Please first read x10hosting TOS: http://x10hosting.com/termsofservice.
If you agree with x10hosting TOS, PM me the following information and I'll create your hosting account:
Code:
cPanel username:
Domain/Subdomain:
Hosting package:
Mail:

Xiong

Reaction score
I have indeed read TOS; I agree to all its terms. I believe we're covering ground already done by Christopher now. I *think* the freehosting account has been created. I'm simply not receiving any confirmation emails from x10, no matter what I do.

Can we start by you trying to send me an email, of any kind, manually, from anywhere? Then, if that's okay, see if you can provoke the confirmation routine into sending me a standard confirmation email -- and check your logs to see what happens?

--Xiong
arms@eaglehouse.us (freehost email)
xiong@mochamail.com (forum email)

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I've manually activated your hosting account.
Check your e-mail, if you didn't get an email with your hosting details, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.