Batch uploads not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandifamily

Reaction score
I just installed Coppermine Photo Gallery on my website at photos.nandi.uni.cc. But the batch upload process is not working. It uploads the photos correctly but does not write it to the filesystem. Keep showing server IO error.
I have tried other scripts too but the flash and batch upload never work.
May I know how to fix it.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you give us the exact error you are getting? It could be numerous problems, but without a test case or knowing which function is failing it would be hard to diagnose.

nandifamily

Reaction score
Well, the problem does not lie in the script. I think it is the clustered web server problem. Coz before this clustered setup was implemented by x10, flash uploads were working fine.
I do not know the exact problem, but the uploader form shows an error while uploading: Server IO problem.
Surprisingly, the normal uploads work without glitches.
Hope u guys understood the problem.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
The load balanced web server should not effect any scripts, as each server is identical, and the load balancer will always redirect the same connection to the same server.

You may need to contact the support for the software and ask about the error.

nandifamily

Reaction score
All scripts are facing the same problem. So I think its server problem.
I have installed 4 scripts and tried it. No luck.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Upload them via FTP?

nandifamily

Reaction score
Ok brandon, I can do it. But there are some restrictions on our University network. FTP isnt always an option.

I just want to know why the flash (Adobe Flash player based) uploads are not working with any script and want to fix it. PLUS HTTP uploads are faster.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Why isnt anyone helping?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not another restriction on your university network or that there's something wrong with your flash program?

Last edited:

nandifamily

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with the flash program. i have checked it using md5.

in the university we have restrictions on ftp not http.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure "how" we can help you. In theory, any application should work just fine, as you still connect to a normal server. There isn't anything we can really do for support of 3rd party applications and scripts, which is why i initially suggested getting help from whoever developed the flash script.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Steps to reproduce the problem are always helpful in finding a solution.

nandifamily

Reaction score
I just wish someone installs the script and tries it on his free hosting account. Its right there on Softaculous.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

The best way to reproduce this problem is to install coppermine gallery to a free hosting account and then use the flash upload. then the error will become evident.

If I this thread is elevated, I can give a staff access to my script to check the server problem.

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

The best way to reproduce this problem is to install coppermine gallery on a free hosting account and then use flash upload.

If my thread is elevated, I can give a staff access to my script to find out the server problem.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have Softalicious in my cPanel but I will go and download the latest version (1.5.8) and test it out. Give me a while to respond back.

I have installed the latest version of Coppermine [1.5.8] and the multi-upload (flash) worked. There are some errors due to big file size and incorrect file type, but I can upload files.
screenshot here.

Conclusion: I was not able to reproduce the case. Maybe you should try a re-installation and instead do a manual install.
Note: I might not have reproduced the problem correctly, take what I say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Diablo what server is your account on?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe staff.
Now that I think of it, my test case might not be reflective of what is on the other servers. Thanks for the heads-up.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I sent you a login for the server in question, when you get a free chance do you mind re-running the test?

nandifamily

Reaction score
yes. please run the test again on chopin. i have just done a manual install and still it isnt working.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

tested again. getting server IO error.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
yes. please run the test again on chopin. i have just done a manual install and still it isnt working.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

tested again. getting server IO error.

I will run the test again when I have a chance, results should be up before 5.
Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Brandon for setting up the account.

Update: I am testing it out now.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Flash uploader not working, and FTP isn't an option, so what about cPanel File Manager?

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.