Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 31 12.4%

• Total voters

sfan123

Reaction score
Well chrome has gotten a lot of use on it from me I definitely like its speed however the lack of extension help switch me back over to Firefox somewhat as mi using both now more regularly. If Chrome had a bookmark sync extension i would be hooked with it. As that was what I missed the most from Firefox. so I use ether or Chrome or Firefox

tablecat

Reaction score
I invite you gentlemen to read this article on the subject of Opera.

http://www.linux.com/feature/139212

I believe mostly that the comments sum up exactly how I feel about the browser and make for the best, I feel, arguments in favor of the Opera browser. Especially those comments addressing the blind fanaticism of open source.

I hope you will read it with an open mind and not see this as an attack on your favorite browser's religion.

idiil

Reaction score
I invite you gentlemen to read this article on the subject of Opera.

http://www.linux.com/feature/139212

I believe mostly that the comments sum up exactly how I feel about the browser and make for the best, I feel, arguments in favor of the Opera browser. Especially those comments addressing the blind fanaticism of open source.

I hope you will read it with an open mind and not see this as an attack on your favorite browser's religion.

hy-c_KP-BlackKettle.jpg

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
My order of preference:
1. Safari - Just for plain web-browsing, nice and simple and quick to open. Hides a surprising amount of power under the simple interface
2. Firefox - More advanced and better for Javascript development, nice for cross-browser compatibility and developed web surfing
3. Opera - Nice, but just not really my style.
4. Internet Explorer - used to run it and still have to develop for it. Too many parsing quirks and bugs to mention (Judging from past experiences)

Flock - Unused
Chrome - Not yet available for Mac

peterhsieh

Reaction score
I love seeing this question appear on every forum I go to xD..

Anyways,, on topic.
I currently use Safari, and although I am a Mac fan, I'll speak my truth.
I can say that Safari is not the best... funnily enough no browser that exist would meet my standards of the "Best" browses, and this is because every browser has its key features. If you like a key feature of one, and of another.. and put them into one browser, you'll eventually notice that there is just too much to handle. (TOO CROWDED)

Here are my views on the browsers which I have experienced with:
Opera- A great browser, speed is astonishing. Views most websites correctly. <-- I like this one

Safari - Another great browser, speed is just as good in this one, sometimes better. Design is another thing (but some people don't care, but that okay ^_^), user friendly.. simplistic

IE8 - I find that this browser does its job as a browser should. Unfortunately it does have some weird thing about displaying what I want when designing a website. Can be very slow at times.. and It doesnt tell you what its doing xD...just freezes then not responding xD.. PLEASE FIX IT MICROSOFT.. PLEASE..

FF3 - Oh I just love reviewing this fella... Well my experiences with FF3 were not to bad. I must say that did prefer FF2, ran somewhat more smoother. I remeber there use to be a reputation that this browser was simply the best.. nothing better.. but I personally think.. this is slowly changing. I find that Its start up times is not meeting the average standards of most browsers. Worse when you put a bunch of those things called extentions.. There are quite a few great extentions but about 90% are just not great for such a browser. I use to use it alot.. but now.. it just seem a little too slow.

Thank you for reading my review and debate on this, Have a GREAT EASTER ^-^
Peter

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Firefox is by far the best browser I've ever used.
Chrome is good too, and fast.

But overall, I'd prefer Firefox :cool:

uosnetwork

Reaction score
Firefox 3 ftw!

Firefox has great UI (user interface) options such as picking your display, and etc..They also have so many great programs and add-ons you can use!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Internet Explorer 8 has some pretty good features above Internet Explorer 7, but it has nowhere near the quality of addons I receive from Firefox. I prefer Firefox 3.

asoit

Reaction score
Firefox is actually pretty silly with resource usage... Takes a lot of RAM and crashes quiet often.. My vote goes to Opera

hladeks

Reaction score
I just hate cross browser compatibility testing and wish that they wouldn't come up with new browsers :biggrin: Otherwise I agree that Firefox beats IE, and I don't mind Opera because stuff that works in FF usually does so in Opera too.

I'd like to try Chrome soon, but haven't had time for that so far.

zen-r

Reaction score
Re: Battle of the Browsersto

Firefox is actually pretty silly with resource usage... Takes a lot of RAM and crashes quiet often....

Agreed. Mine has a habit of crashing every now & then. And even though I like to leave it running with several tabs open, it needs to be regularly fully closed down & restarted - otherwise it gradually becomes more & more sluggish.

That said, I still prefer it to the other browsers. Here's a recent news story regarding Firefox's security updates, in comparison to Safari & Opera ;

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/06/browser_update_study/

Last edited:

gazat4

Reaction score
Ok now I use firefox 3 which is the best I think.
repeat do not use internet explorer:mad:

I was using firefox when I went on to a site called squishy cash which I needed to use internet exsplorer to get paid for surveys etc.
so I Used internet explorer then by the end of the day I had a virus and lots of spyware so now I will never use IS again.

redivy

Reaction score
FireFox 3 is by far my favorite.

I tried SeaMonkey for it's IRC and Website Development system, but the browser overall was just meh, and I could get all that stuff on FF3.

webcast2

Reaction score
I think you're missing 1 browser. CometBird is basically like Firefox, but its faster and still has the same number of addons. Its startup time is much faster than Firefox and IE. I think it should be added to the poll

Last edited:

redivy

Reaction score
I think you're missing 1 browser. CometBird is basically like Firefox, but its faster and still has the same number of addons. Its startup time is much faster than Firefox and IE. I think it should be added to the poll

CometBird? Never heard of it.

If it is as good as you say it is, I might give it a test out.

igames

Reaction score
yep firefox wons big time, but chrome might challange it a little bit, its fast simple, but the only bad thing is there are little add ons and themes, and also its still being developed.

1. Firefix
2. Chrome

aaronj10

Reaction score
I like Google chrome, but Fire fox 3 is quite nice aswell, it's a fair game to me.