Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Chrome

Votes: 31 12.4%

• Total voters

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@igames. I can't help but notice that BuxWiz has earned you $0. It's very convincing. :biggrin:

datababe

Reaction score
So remove all shortcuts to IE from view, install the browser of YOUR choice and make it the default, and have done with it.

I honestly forget that somewhere, buried on my Windoze boxen, IE even still exists. ;)

redivy

Reaction score
FF3 ftw!! it has so many handy add ons for web designers!

That it does.

And, it has many add-ons, so, if you don't like the original FF3, then you can just mod it and play around, and you won't even have FF3 anymore, if you know what I mean :naughty:

fguy64

Reaction score

The only issues I take with FireFox are minor:
  • The interface is not as slick as IE.
  • Some DHTML code doesn't run.
  • There are some apps that run better under IE (like Flash Video)
  • Some web applications are specific to IE, like Hotmail's new interactive interface, Outlook's Web Access from MS Exchange, and some widgets (like trees) which feature prominently on some Microsoft MSDN websites.
  • Some web applications actually run much slower in FireFox (like the DTI web banking interfaces I've discovered) than IE.

Those are all minor issues and are easy to forgive. That's why, even though FireFox is my default browser, I still keep IE for those rare cases where an IE experience is more desirable.

I was gonna say, for me YouTube videos ran smoother in Internet Explorer. This is a biggie for me. It was enough to put me off of Firefox. I played with it for a while, but nothing made much difference.

I found that Firefox was better than IE for heavily loaded Facebook pages, and also I preferred the Firefox user Interface.

But now that Chrome has come along, it is my main browser, it seems to handle YouTube, Java, and Facebook just fine, IE7 gets used only when Chrome doesn't do the job, and Firefox is out of the picture.

And I'm in no hurry to upgrade to IE8.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
So remove all shortcuts to IE from view, install the browser of YOUR choice and make it the default, and have done with it.

I honestly forget that somewhere, buried on my Windoze boxen, IE even still exists. ;)

Start > Run > iexplore.exe. :biggrin:

Or, on Vista, enter iexplore.exe in Start Search. :biggrin:

sybregunne

Reaction score
So far chrome proved to be resilient. It seldom crashes on me. Well it is in beta and it seldom crashes that in itself is great proof that it is a good browser.

further more there are no greasemonkey scripts here so far and that makes it more secure (My personal opinion).

My second choice of course would be firefox3
the third would be firefox2 and all the other browsers except any MSIE

The fourth choice would have to be any new browser that hits the market.

and last but not the least.... is to abstain from browsing. :)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
IE does run flash and animations smoother than FF3. When I try image fade outs with JavaScript, it cracks up in Firefox. I think this is because Firefox can be a memory hog with all those addons, but I can't live without them.

Chrome is may be fast and resiliant, but it is overly simplistic. There is not much you can do with it.

Why is it still in beta? It has been more than a year...

Last edited:

inishe

Reaction score
Google is my favorite because it's engineered with a lot of new and smart ideas. It's different from other browsers because of its virtualization and its crazy-fast java engine.

Other than that, does anything really set Chrome apart? I don't think so.

Do I have to refer back to IE on a regular/semi-regular basis because Chrome doesn't really support every webpage? Yup.

IE always displays websites properly in the corporate world, but none of the other browsers are supported as much as IE is. It makes me sad also, but it's the truth :(

The only other browser that has come close to the kind of compatibility that IE has (that I know of) is Maxthon. But after using it as an IE replacement for about a week, I had to give it up (it was crashing more than IE).

Life is sad sometimes.

fguy64

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread for this. Today I decided to test drive the latest Firefox, till now I'm pretty much a Chrome guy. Anyways, I experience a lot of video curruption, both in the viewing area and on the tab bar. I've had this before. Anyways it looks like I'll be sticking with Chrome for now, with IE as my backup browser.

p.s. I have Windows XP on a PIII with 512 MB, and an older NVidia TNT 32 MB video card. Video drivers are the most up to date. With no other application have I experienced this video corruption.
anyone else have video corruption problems in FireFox?

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Which is still in use, causing grief for us web developers who have to test websites in it.

Firefox rules.