Bebo type network?

Fearghal

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how i would make something like bebo, Where members can make their own page and others go on and view it etc.

Please explain how to install also.

Thank you

parallax

Reaction score
Well, you can install any of the Social Networking scripts available out there for free or buy one. You can also install a CMS, and extend it's capabilities to work like a social network

1. For JOOMLA, try User Home Pages or UHP, it's an extension

2. Dolphin

3. Xoops

Fearghal

Reaction score
Well, you can install any of the Social Networking scripts available out there for free or buy one. You can also install a CMS, and extend it's capabilities to work like a social network

1. For JOOMLA, try User Home Pages or UHP, it's an extension

2. Dolphin

3. Xoops

Thank you, not quite what I was looking for but I appreciate your reply.

Thank You :biggrin:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Write your own in PHP. If you don't know it, learn it. It's not that easy, you're not just going to conjure up a massive script like that from thin air. You need to put the effort into coding it yourself and learn from it. As mentioned above, a company called Boonex makes a community software called Dolphin which is ready made and works out of the box. vBulletin (forum software) can also be extended to work like this.

-Luke.

Fearghal

Reaction score
Luke - Can you link me some PHP scripting tutorials. I think I might just try to learn it :)

TechAsh - Wow, I Will wait for the new release of that. It looks like the kinda thing im after. Thank you :)

Fearghal

Reaction score
Write your own in PHP. If you don't know it, learn it. It's not that easy, you're not just going to conjure up a massive script like that from thin air. You need to put the effort into coding it yourself and learn from it. As mentioned above, a company called Boonex makes a community software called Dolphin which is ready made and works out of the box. vBulletin (forum software) can also be extended to work like this.

-Luke.

Here's a 15 Part tutorial that I've found quite useful:
http://devzone.zend.com/tag/PHP101

Thank You, I appreciate your help :biggrin: