Becoming A Forum Host?

Blockis2

Banned
Reaction score
IF I Was Interested In Becoming A Forum Host, I Know How To Set Up Websites, But How Would I Go About Setting Up The Script Like FreeForums[http://freeforums.org] Did With Creating The Forum That The User Wanted In The Registration Page?

I Am looking For A Login Script That I Can Edit, But A User Enters A Custom Subdomain Under The Main One, And The Forum Is Created. I Would Like It To Install phpBB3 On The Custom SubDomain The User Wanted And Entered In The Register Page.

How Would I Go About This? Please Keep It As Simple As Possible, I'm Not A Master Techy!

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well simple may not be the easiest here...one way I am thinking how you can do it is by using a PHP script that has variables of the usrname, pass..and all the stuff like that...as the PHP script tells the host to copy the forum over to the new directory, after that is done, dump all of the variables you have collected from the user into the script that creates the forum, and volia..

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you first need to understand how the phpBB3 installation works...the variables and the works, then create a clone of it
second you need to create a script to copy the files of the installation, or tweak the forum to run from the same pages, just different databases for each user.
third, you need to take that clone, and mix it with the copying script, plus add some nifty stuff.

all of this is done by PHP

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Search for Multi-forums.