Been getting Several MySQL Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfredo_200297

Reaction score
for the past week my forums have been getting an abnormally high amount of MySQL errors.

I'm using myBB Forums, and this is one of the error's i've been getting

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

my account is at ieeeuhcl.x10.mx

I would like if you all could help resolve this issue, thank you.

swirly

Reaction score
Not an expert at sql, but it looks like your forum can't find the database it needs. Check the config file and make sure it has the correct database listed. And check your mysql panel and make sure that your database is correct there too. If this doesn't fix your problem come back here and post again.

Edit: Googled it for you. ->http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Common_Error_Messages#SQL_Errors More info can be found there.

Last edited:

alfredo_200297

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply, it was very useful. I just double checked the config.php right now and yes all the values are populated correctly.

I am unsure at this point if the error is coming from my forum or the server, because the error is erratic. the forums will work completely for a few mins, and then they'll go completely down for a few mins. and before it was giving a diff error, it was saying it was out of memory.

But as of about 2 hours ago, it went down giving that same error 0, and hasn't come back up for a while...

alfredo_200297

Reaction score
it's been almost a week since i posted this, and the problems partially went away, but now they are back again!

every 2-3 hours, the forums randomly go down for about 5-10 min, and it keeps happening. i am at the end of the road, and i know for sure it's the server, because i've even downloaded the
inc/config.php
file to double check if all areas are populated correctly, and they are. i've also checked on the server side if the database names match, and they do.

so can someone please help me out with this, it's an issue with the server or my account, and it's chronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.