Benthic horror & hilarity

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Alright, kids, time to fuel up your nightmare tank. I give you the Stalked Crinoid:
movie_sm.gif

Just one of many deep-sea horrors, along with flesh eating sponges and giant sea spiders (manufacturer's disclaimer: your sea spider may not actually be a member of class arachnida).

Then there's the pig butt worm. Yes, you are allowed to laugh at that.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay -- some of those were seriously kewl (and I think I have to try to recreate the Venus's Flower Basket with matchsticks now for no good reason other than it looks like the kind of intricate time-wasting I do best). Thanks for the links, and for permission to laugh at the pig butt worm. I wish the related blog entries were still live, though.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Fortunately for us, all the entries are live on deepseanews.com (I'm fairly sure the discovery.com postings had the same content), it's just the links that are dead, and archive.org is of no help here. I suspect the blog migrated from the Discovery site to Deep-Sea News, but the internal links weren't corrected. The pages should turn up in the Google search, though some are a few result pages in.

What will you use for trapped shrimp?

Last edited: