Not open for further replies.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Both are bad I prefer nod32

TheMan177

Reaction score
I also prefer NOD32, great speed, small memory footprint, very regular updates, etc. It's much better then any other Antivirus installation I've used.

I'd much rather Mcafee over Norton though.

Last edited:

javayathzee

Reaction score
It is interesting to see this discussion on here because I just recently switched form Norton to Mcafee. I had been using Norton for some time but decided to switch back to Mcafee because it is much cheaper. So far everything seems to be working nicely. I like the fact that Mcafee isn't in your face as much as Norton is.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
neither both are resource hogs... the way to go for FREE is AVG!
pay version is awesome too!

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

If I'm running Windows, I'll use NOD32 or AVG with Comodo Personal Firewall.

If I'm running Linux (I'm a proud Ubuntu user), I won't use any, because the chances of a pig flying through my bedroom window and hitting me on the head are larger than the chances of my PC being infected =P

-Luke.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I have and use McAfee mainly because it's all I have.
It's very annoying, and hardly ever tells me when a virus is found. It always nags me to update, interrupts me whenever it wants to do something, and takes forever to scan and to load up. It always scans when I don't want it to. I haven't used Norton much, but I think it's better.

loopyloser

Reaction score
I have used NOD32, AVG, Norton and Mcafee.
I'm currently using AVG, its great for what it is it depends on what you need, even the features in the free edition are excellent.(I'm not using the free one)

NOD32 was really good but i remember something stuffing up and i just un installed it.
^It didn't use as much memory as the big yellow beast below.

Norton...Norton...What can i say?.. Didn't last a week on my computer. :thefinger

McAfee that was...alright, but its only alright if you want your anti virus controlling your computer :nuts:
every time something needed to access the internet "this program!!! is trying blah blah. allow, allow once block" in an annoying little box that came in front of everything.The included firewall was great and alot of the other features. AVG or Mcafee here. (depends if you want an alright FREE anti-virus or a good one that costs money)

Dahlriku

Reaction score
I am generally careful with what i download so i normally don't have to worry about viruses. But i use a combination of avast and ad-aware. keeps my system clean should anything occur.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Lately I've stopped using Ad-Aware as a primary Anti-adware scanner, lately because their new program has become slightly bloated. Ad-aware is still nice though for the free version, hence why I've kept it.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
mcafee uses to much resources as for norton its an annoying antivirus the best is NOD32 imo

satbir

Reaction score
Somehow I hate all Anti-Virus as they eat up the resources. But these are necessary evils which we have to have.

So in my opinion none of them is better, it is only question of lesser evil.

I have been using Norton earlier as I liked it little bit lesser intrusive nature. But of late I am using McAfee. There are different reason for using it - One is somehow I am getting it free, second till now "Touchwood" it has kept me away for virus.

eliasr

Reaction score
If i have to choose between Norton and McAfee i choose nothing they are bad and uses to much resorces.

I use [and love] Avira AntiVir is perfect, good performance, low resources consuption, detect virus [ie. USBs] that NOD32 cant detect, is free [personal use].

like2program

Reaction score
Using AVG but I am planning to switch to Linux.
Yes, I know it is an operating system.

Perfect7

Reaction score
If I had to choose between the two, I would rather choose Norton.

But for me, I'd rather use AVG free. It's convenient and uses less resources, updates regularly and has a very good virus definition database. I use AVG Anti-Spyware too.

n3v3rl0v3

Reaction score
none of these two. I use AVG. It is best out of all. I have used Norton and Macafee too, but it crashes down my system don't know why. Anyway, M with AVG and I recommend it. Simple, Secure and reliable ;).
This is my first post in this form. Feeling fun to join this.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I trust Norton (but don't use any anti-virus software :p )
I have seen it work well on other's computers so I trust them.
:)

Hazirak

Reaction score
Norton is a virus.

I personally use ZoneAlarm, haven't regretted it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.