best antivirus Norton or Mcafee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'I like Norton'. Posts should say why you like it and why you don't like the other or why you think this, and why you think that person is wrong etc. etc.

allinone

Reaction score
is there any way to have two antivirus working together, i tried for nod32 and kaspersky but they slowed down my pc a lot, i wasnt able to boot up properly, coz no antivirus is complete in it self............

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You can, but it's not really recommended. In some cases, one of the antivirus software can start deleting the other software slowly. So no, Antivirus is a no go for two, same with firewalls, but you can certainly have two or more anti-spyware apps installed and running.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
I dont like either - McAfee gives you tons of spam you dont want (i.e, Hundreds of unnessary notifications and popups, browser redirects that you dont want and generally makes your pc look ugly and slow.)

I always opt for AVG it doesnt slow the pc down but at the same time it takes it forever to boot up because of its firewall. I gotta wait on my for my wireless to connect before i can do anything, and AVGs firewall makes it 3x slower.

Currently i have 7 harddrives (slot-in) and only 2 of them has access to the internet, one for web design and one for browsing. It saves sooo much hassel.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I used to use Norton , Mcafee both are laggers and not really very reliable. I are just bloatware to me... So I go around exploring other antivirus product.

I used AVG and though it was good but I was wrong.... the best shareware antvirus is nod32 and kaspersky while the best freeware antivirus that I am now using is Avira a solid piece of antvirus software which replies you instantly of all the samples suspicious files and report to you as soon as possible when you uploaded them to their research center.

Never going to get another good services from those so called number 1 for their advertistments... brand of antvirus....

Xero852

Reaction score
I use AVG or NOD32 depending on if I want to spend money on NOD32 at the time I build/format a PC. Both use very little resources and provide excellent protection.

T

themasterrocker

Norton is a virus.

I personally use ZoneAlarm, haven't regretted it yet.

Yeah but i heard a problem was going around with ZoneAlarm that on the new up to date one they don't let you connect to the internet unless you do a few things to get it to. This was in one of my magazine I read. However i still prefere Mcafee because i've had it before and i've had Norton before and Mcafee performed more to my standards than Norton because Norton decided to block my internet as soon as i started up my computer but Mcafee didn't. The slight downside to Mcafee and Norton both are they are a bit expensive for what you're getting out of them. Mcafee is also alot more easier to use than Norton.

Last edited by a moderator:

eduardo0

Reaction score
hmm.. for me.. Mcafee beacause the Norton has many resources that slow down your pc :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah but i heard a problem was going around with ZoneAlarm that on the new up to date one they don't let you connect to the internet unless you do a few things to get it to.

ZoneAlarm fixed that problem a day after the DNS flaw was discovered.

socialnu2

Reaction score
I personally prefer Norton 360, and have only used Mcafee on few occurrences, its just classes below Norton :D

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
From best to worst, I'd rank:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite->Norton 360->AVG/Avast/Antivir (all free)->McAfee

I've never gotten a chance to try other ones like NOD32.

Divinorum

Reaction score
Hmm... I'd recommend Kaspersky if you want to pay for it

Avast! or AVG works great if you want it free.

Vspark

Reaction score
I prefer Norton 360, it dosen't slow down my computer and everything is working fine for me and its helped me out a few times aswell, so Norton for me.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
None, both are bad, i suggest avast, Notron isnt really good and causes slowing of the comp and keylogs

allinone

Reaction score
i used kasper sky though it is good and uses less resources but it gives lot of popups and require keys every month to be purchased.
Now i have switched to mcafee.its fine working.... not slowing pc also it dont require registering too frequently.......also many of the virus which were not found by kaspersky are deleted by mcafee so i will prefer mcafee from now on......

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Both of them are bad. I am using bitdefender right now and it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.