best antivirus Norton or Mcafee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Norton and McAfee are outdated and are both resource hogs. Nod32, Kaspersky and BitDefender are the way to go. Before, Norton and McAfee were the best because they were the only anti viruses out there. Now, others have come to be better. I prefer Kaspersky, but I have not tried BitDefender yet.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using Bitdefender currently it's cheap but it's just like Kaspersky. I have tested NOD32 and Kaspersky before I've found bitdefender the best. I have also tried macafee and norton and they were horrible.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
i wouldnt like to use neither of em cuz i dont want to have a dozen mcafee applications running in my taskmanager that hogg a sh!t load off ram or like Norton Nagging about every thing that i download or when i want to move a folder and then renaming it but i cant rename it becoase mcafee/norton is scanning the folder so i have to wait about an hour for it to finish the scan

thats why i like NOD32 its simple and effective

nirav.thakker

Reaction score
Norton any day! i have used Norton all my life, right from when it used to come as NDD (Norton Disk Doctor) during the days of DOS till today! And i absolutely love it!!! :)

idontknow95129

Reaction score
AVG sucks in my opinion. It picks up half the things I use as "threats." I use Shaw Secure, which is free with my internet service :D.

balaji2u

Reaction score
i dont prefer norton coz as said its a huge resource eater plus it doesnt works well for cleaning or healing purposes at most of the time we need to sacrifice the infected files.mcafee is awesome for cleaning it rolls back the file perfectly.but having a lesser ram im using doctor web which is a good choice if you are so lazy to install huge av's like nod32,mc. . ,norton etc . . and finally dr web has a good protection as far as i know for one year with update package for every 1week.

vernon

Reaction score
Have you guys even tried Trend Micro ? Google it !
As for Norton its not worth the hype ! Mcafee is not as bad, but still lacks in a few good simple things...

RossSchVle

Banned
Reaction score
I always use AVG, I did use norton until the new version came out. Norton worked well for many years but the new version wouldn't run on my pc for some strange reason so I went with AVG.

At work we use mcafee and that seems to be a very good anti virus program, although I have never tried it on my personal computer.

But I would recommend AVG to anyone cause it has never failed for me!

exemption

Reaction score
I would have to say AVG is the best anti-virus..due to the fact its the only one I have ever used..and I have never had any other problems...:cool:
So yerp thats my opinion

Dan

Reaction score
As there is now another thread which includes all AntiViruses, please from now on post in that - thanks.

*CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.