Best Blog Client ?

fireput

Reaction score
I wonder you people at x10hosting write blogs, or use more of the forums. If you do, what Blog Clients do you use? For me, I don't use clients till lately, when I have my blog hosted on two separate sites. I have tried many other blog clients, such as Zoundry, Ecto, w.bloggar and thought they are heavy. And so, I was desperately searching for a simple, easy to use and tiny blog client. Managed to find ScribeFire at www.scribefire.com and like to share with you here.

ScribeFire is basically a blog client, not just any blog client but a real small one, only 407KB, and its a xpi file. So if you are using Internet Explorer, you are out of luck. xpi is an extensions for Firefox apps. To install, you just need to simply drag the xpi file into any open Firefox window, and this will present you with a window prompting you to install the extension.

ScribeFire is capable of posting to multiple blogs, has a wysiwyg browser, able to tag, categorise, and looks good on firefox - it automatically integrates and occupies the bottom half of the firefox browser. The design allows you to surf for information, and copy the information and links location as you blog, there is no requirements to switch pages.

You should really give a try !

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I've never tried using a blog client before [haha, i'm learning new things left and right today!] but the ScribeFire add-on seems pretty cool. I'm installing it right now and I'm gonna try it out soon xD

alfred

Reaction score
I never used one, but that is a good recommendation. I usually find that Wordpress' web based system is good enough for me. Unless your's can do offline editing...

KowKing

Reaction score
I use Wordpress.com hosting, which is (of course) using Wordpress.

munim

Reaction score
Guys, try using Windows Live Writer.. Its from Microsoft but its a surprisingly good piece of software. Almost every "good" blogger i know uses it. It's got all sorts of useful plugins for tagging and stuff.. It supports Blogger, wordpress.com , your wordpress blog hosted anywhere, movable type, and a lot more platforms.
Try it... you will never use your Wordpress control panel for posting in your blog again!

Sohail

Reaction score
Joomla is really good. It uses php/mysql and its easy to install. Its fully customizable and the best part is that its open source.

Slothie

Reaction score
Joomla is really good. It uses php/mysql and its easy to install. Its fully customizable and the best part is that its open source.

Sohai, that's a web application, I believe there are talking about desktop applications.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I wonder you people at x10hosting write blogs, or use more of the forums. If you do, what Blog Clients do you use? For me, I don't use clients till lately, when I have my blog hosted on two separate sites. I have tried many other blog clients, such as Zoundry, Ecto, w.bloggar and thought they are heavy. And so, I was desperately searching for a simple, easy to use and tiny blog client. Managed to find ScribeFire at www.scribefire.com and like to share with you here.

ScribeFire is basically a blog client, not just any blog client but a real small one, only 407KB, and its a xpi file. So if you are using Internet Explorer, you are out of luck. xpi is an extensions for Firefox apps. To install, you just need to simply drag the xpi file into any open Firefox window, and this will present you with a window prompting you to install the extension.

ScribeFire is capable of posting to multiple blogs, has a wysiwyg browser, able to tag, categorise, and looks good on firefox - it automatically integrates and occupies the bottom half of the firefox browser. The design allows you to surf for information, and copy the information and links location as you blog, there is no requirements to switch pages.

You should really give a try !

I just downloaded it and it's freaking awesome. That Windows Live Writer doesn't look bad either but this ScribeFire thing gets added right into the web browser. What convenience.

Thanks for showing me this, maybe it'll help me blog more.

satbir

Reaction score
I user wordpress and it does very decent task. Especially I love feature where I can write in MS Word 2003 and it post to Wordpress seamlessly.

QueenHawkeye

Reaction score
I've been trying out ScribeFire, and I'm totally addictive to it! Just set it up and after you've installed it, just press a button, and just type! It's just that easy. [Ew, I sound like a commercial D:]

Agenator

Reaction score
you should check out Wordpress, i really like it... Heck ill set it up for you for like 100 credits...

jensen

Reaction score
Windows Live Writer is for IE users and have used Flock's (firefox based browser) functions to blog mostly on WordPress. Must try out your cool suggestion on SribeFire.

calvinwc

Reaction score
ScribeFire is very convenient. Well now I can say Windows Live Writer and ScribeFire both are very good blogging client (:)

jensen

Reaction score
Yeah, ScribeFire is really cool. Tried it out. Cool extention indeed. It's just that Windows Live Writer allows you to insert maps from Windows Live :)

calvinwc

Reaction score
Yeah, theres other plugins that can enable me to insert pictures from pisaca or flickr (:)

DJHolliday

Reaction score
Even if it's not a real Blog server, I use Joomla on my site and Blogg-X as client.
It may not be as good as Wordpress, but it's good enough for me.
Joomla 1.5 is supposed to come with an implementation of the MetaWeblog API.