Best Firewall?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
After being hacked many times, even by my math teacher, I have decided to get the best firewall no matter the cost. Which is the best firewall to keep out intruders and to prevent leaks?

From what I have gathered from my own research, these are the best:
Online Armor Personal Firewall
Outpost Firewall Pro
ZoneAlarm Pro
Comodo Firewall Pro

Consider that ZoneAlarm is more popular and more people are trying to bypass it than the other firewalls.
check out this web site that has ratings on every common firewall:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows-personal-firewall-analysis/leak-tests-results.php
Please help me choose the best one, I am sick of being a target.

Last edited:

TheMan177

Reaction score
I've always stood by Comodo Firewall Pro, it's never let my down yet. I also tried Online Armor Personal Firewall for a while, but didn't like it, I'm unsure why.

Why did you math teacher hack you?

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
For no particular reason, I sent a lost password request for her teacherweb account, and she tracked me down... As I am looking, Online Armor Personal Firewall seems like it has the best protection.

Last edited:

wolf693

Reaction score
Hacking you for a lost password request? Kind of a strange excuse for hacking somebody... Anyways.

Like dWhite, I use AlphaShield. Instead of being software based, it's hardware. I also use my router's built-in firewall but it's not what I depend on. I use ZoneAlarm on my laptop and I use Verizon's Security Suite which *surprisingly* works great!

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Found an updated version of the page I posted:
http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

It is technically hacking as she entered my computer, but she was just finding out who I was as she thought I was trying to crack her password (kind of weird).

I was looking more for a software firewall...
and I have found that ZoneAlarm is very insecure and slows down my system.

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Three basic types of firewalls are available for you to choose from:
•Software firewalls
•Hardware routers
•Wireless routers

To determine which type of firewall is best for you, answer these questions and record your answers:

1.How many computers will use the firewall?

2.What operating system do you use? (This might be a version of Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, or Linux.)

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/firewall/choosing.mspx

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
One computer and I know the best for me is a software firewall. Which is the best software firewall?

tittat

Reaction score
ZONEALARM PRO 2008
Description
ZoneAlarm Pro - firewall protection. Simple to install (step-by-step installation wizard gets you up and running in minutes). Easy to use (comes with default security settings for "out-of-the-box" protection). Compatible with Windows operating systems (Windows 98SE/ME/2000 Pro/XP).

Main Features

* Triple Defense Firewall; protects your entire computer
* Best alternative. Scans for and removes spyware
* Delivers proactive firewall protection
* Protects your programs from malware

Advanced Features:
# Allows to assign different security levels
# Identity Theft Protection
# Complete PC Firewall Protection
# Automatic Wireless Security

Price
$39.95
Edit:
if looking for a free one

COMODO FIREWALL

Comodo Firewall is a free-to-use application. The best way to constantly monitors and defends your PC from internet attacks.

Main Features

* Firewall Logging
* PC Security during PC Start up
* Smart Alerts, Total visibility of all internet connections
* Defense against Trojan Protocols
* Application Behavior Analysis

Price:its FREE

Last edited:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I will say you should use Comodo Firewall Pro,

This is a free, strong and very personal firewall... I been using this for very long and its proven much more efficiency than other firewalls...

Software Base Firewall that relies on GUI setting up is one weak firewall... but Comodo Firewall Pro has proven to cover a great range of defense to prevent termination of itself and also to prevent leaks from leaking out of your computer...

They come with a HIPS known as Defense + which is definitely one of the strongest type to be implement in a firewall.

Their forum support is excellent and you will get you issues fix as soon as possible....

By the way I do not work for Comodo Firewall Pro... I saying all this through 2 years of experiences with it.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am trying that right now. Do you happen to know how to reset it's settings?

Cliff Dude

Reaction score
If you have the patience and the know-how to configure a firewall, then Comodo Firewall Pro is for you. Strongest firewall I've ever used. I've even hid myself off my own home network :D

(Now my dad has no hope to try and hack :p)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I am now using Comodo and I like it very much (BETTER THAN ZONEALARM) and it is free. I will probably get the paid version =)