best free html editor

rupss

Reaction score
hello,

i am looking for a free html editor. until now, i've been using Dreamweaver, but my subscription code expired, so i am going to switch to a free editor, since I know there are lots out there. does anyone have any suggestions to which one they find the best?

i have a working knowledge of html, but i really liked the format in dreamweaver, where you could choose to see the code, layout, or both. that way, i could design pages without actually using the html too much, but could still tweak it if necessary.

which editor/s would you suggest?

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
nvu has lots of bugs and linspire discontinued development... the open source community has taken over devleopment but since nvu name and logo are copyrighted the name is now Kompozer....

Kompozer is nice but it really depends what you are looking for and what platform... on linux there are several others (not sure if they're cross platform) but a couple to look at are bluefish and scream...

soporteweb

Reaction score
KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.

KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.
komposer i ok

Last edited:

murderman143

Reaction score
Lol Why the heck would u pay for any program on the internet that is all i got to say i mean there is no reason for it i have save most likey way over 10k USD not buy online programs :D

kyuusei

Reaction score
Another vote for Kompozer, which I used until I got myself a copy of Dreamweaver CS3.

gullu

Reaction score
hmm...i think the free PHP Designer 2005 is a great editor for all HTML, PHP and other stuffs

dunkjmcd

Reaction score
never trust the design layout in dreamweaver. Best idea is to use notepad++ and refresh the hell out of IE and Firefox.

jamesg112

Reaction score
If you want to pay the best one is BestAddress HTML Editor 2008, and I know you asked for the best "free" one.

ajitabh

Reaction score
Hello there,:thefinger

KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.
KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.

This can be found at http://www.kompozer.net/
Edit:
Hello,:cool::cool:
NVU - Finally! A complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop, Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users to rival programs like FrontPage and Dreamweaver. Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML. :lockd:
This can be found at http://www.nvu.com/

Last edited:

scottnj

Reaction score
Well, it is a little on the simple side, and you have to know HTML, but I just use notepad which comes standard on Windows, but it still works. So if all else fails, just use notepad!