Debate time people!

I'll be having three WebMail services in focus here, namely:
MSN Hotmail(now Windows Live Mail)
GMail(formerly GoogleMail)
Yahoo
---------------------------
I'll Start:

Live Mail:

Well M$'s LiveMail is slower than Yahoo even when using the enhanced interface(I'm on 512kbps DSL) and they do not offer free POP and SMTP

Y!

well Yahoo has sucked since the 2003's... They can't handle many users for good speeds.. thumbs down for me...

Gmail:

Ahh the ever friendly GMail... good interface, ever increasing mail space (now nearly 5GB) User-friendly.. I've got nothing more to say! Two thumbs up!
------------------------

For me, GMail is the best... if you don't think so, then prove me wrong

Slothie

Reaction score
Web2mail.com

I forward my gmail to this so I can get it on an Exchange server for my mobiles =)

trebor

Reaction score
I have three free web mails and Gmail is my favorite...

Aol-Website stuff and bussiness
Gmail-personal
Hotmail-Spam account(anything I think will spam me gets signed up under this one)

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I like GMAIL for the fact that it is simple, so my primary mail client is GMAIL. But Yahoo and Windows Live are not found, I find the new designs good. But one thing that I noticed in Gmail is the ads. I don't know about others, but I think Gmail scans the mail because the ads are relevant to the content of the mail. If I didn't know better, I would call this invasion of privacy.

toloratedmeat

Reaction score
All of those are ripoffs!
I mean those people can read ur email whenever they want. I use Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 on Windows Server: Longhorn Beta 2. I can use the whole hard drive for mail! And energy australia has an exchange right above my house so I get electricity for free so i can keep a 3ghz xeon 4 core server on all day with recycled cfc cooling for free. i need a seperate web server though because this server has a very heavy load because everything in my house is connected to the server ensuring that we do not leave a stove on or anything. i can turn on / off all the lights if i wanted to.

reichiru

Reaction score
Gmail's great, I think. It's not my primary email, but still, it's really handy to have one around because of it's simplicity and reliability. I don't have Yahoo Mail, so I can't say anything about that, but I didn't like Windows Live Mail when I tried it out, it worked really slow on my computer, I eventually switched back to the old MSN Mail.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Yahoo honestly. Dynamic drag drop helps a ton when you get the amount of email that I need to process; I can't stand clicking those darn checkboxes in Gmail. Props I give to Google for Gmail is its quick loading layout. Yahoo has just got more capabilities and no space limits

Splatzone

Reaction score
I've used all of them. Gmail is mine for life now!

The others were flashier maybe but lacked such basic features (when I used them at least) such as searching, undoing etc.

Staind1982

Reaction score
I used Yahoo until I lost my password and now I have no way to access my email (I have already tried to get it but yahoo won't provide it to me). Anyway, I now use AOL exclusively.

jtrash

Reaction score
I have mails to multiple free webmail providers. The main ones are Hotmail,yahoo & gmail.

Hotmail : I find the hotmail slow & using a lot of javascript without any good reason .At the moment I only use this account for chat through MSN.

Yahoo : Its the main webmail that I use. Its quick and very user friendly ( the classic yahoo -havent tried the beta yahoo mail).

Gmail : Its very quick but I'm not used to the "TAGS" instead of "FOLDERS" Approach. Maybe after a while I'll use it. The main advantage of the gmail account is that I can use the gbookmarks plug-in for firefox (I suggest you try it ). :)

My overall opinion :
Use yahoo mail and try gmail to see if you like its diferent approach.

PS. Google was accused of reading the mails in order to put the ads. Google said it just uses a dummy bot to seach for "keywords" inside your mails... You deside if its good or not

Sohail

Reaction score
Gmail is much better then the rest as it has a lot more features then the other two services though Windows Live Hotmail is much more popular then the rest and is used by many people.

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Yahoo honestly. Dynamic drag drop helps a ton when you get the amount of email that I need to process; I can't stand clicking those darn checkboxes in Gmail. Props I give to Google for Gmail is its quick loading layout. Yahoo has just got more capabilities and no space limits

well gmail is constantly expanding... remember that :p

rmojica

Reaction score
gmail is very fast email service and until now they improve lot better... i have tried yahoo but i experience so slow process. i suggest everyone use gmail , and you will find that yahoo mail is not always the best choice..

kajasweb

Reaction score
I'm using both Yahoo! Mail and Google's GMail. But, I love GMail.

Last edited: