best html program

kulpin

Reaction score
Hi! Can someone recommend me a good html program.. I'm using PsPad editor, I thing it is 453 version or something like that, but I need something with more options... Something with maybe more shourtcuts... I don't know much about html but I want to learn. So please recommend me something, I will be very happy. Bye...:happysad:

1337scape

Reaction score
NotePad :D lol that's what I use, I don't know of any HTML programs, though just search them up on google.

swirly

Reaction score
Notepad ++ dont have the link on hand but google it or pm me ill give it to you.

eboyer

Reaction score
I like DreamWeaver, if you want to learn the hard way notepad is the way to go, i sugest doing it in dreamwaver then studying the code that it produces and then from there once you have some base cod try to edt the code.

t2t2t

Reaction score
I like DreamWeaver ... i sugest doing it in dreamwaver then studying the code that it produces and then from there once you have some base cod try to edt the code.
The gigantic minus for Dreamweaver is its price, luckyly there are free replacements for it, for example (the best replacement according to cNet) KompoZer

kulpin

Reaction score
I assume DreamWeaver is from Adobe. I hope it is not complicated.

eboyer

Reaction score
If you want somthing cheaper front page is also ok, though it is microsoft. *frowns on microsfot products*

EDIT: Its full name is Macromedia Dream Weaver, pretty sure it is abode, There are trial versions out there if you to test it.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Not sure why this is in the free hosting support forum; moved!

P.S. Notepad is great for old school coding; just avoid FrontPage and you'll be fine. Try Scite source code editor or Metapad

jensen

Reaction score
You could also try NVU for FREE if you need GUI like dreamweaver.
Else use notepad ++ remember there is the double ++ sign. There is notepad + but I do not recommend that for now.

TheKlassenSociety

Reaction score
I use Mozilla's browser (not FireFox) and it comes with a composer. It's better than NotePad and it's rather handy because I can travel back and forth from my composer page to my navigator with ease.

Sohail

Reaction score
DreamWeaver is probably the best web site editor availible at the moment. You can have a look at it by going to - http://www.adobe.com/ - it is much better then notepad! I know.

Ambrose

Reaction score
ConTEXT, It's a very good and simple program for programming... it's like notepad, but with different colors for different elements :)

*Face

Reaction score
Any Scintilla based editor, or for bare basics, any editor with proper syntax highlighting that doesn't add junk really. Notepad++, ScITE, etc