Best Internet security package

spiral

Reaction score
I am using Bit Defender internet security 2009 at present.

I find this works well without and slowing down of the sytem.

Can anyone recommend any other security suites?

:eek4:

xPlozion

Reaction score
eset smart security :) got the chance to beta test it a few months back, and I have nothing against it.

I dont' even notice that it's running, especially the virus scanner while playing games.

Normally, A/V Programs take a toll on your FPS during games, but I don't even notice ESET...

On a side note, I think Kaspersky might have a suite too. I always stay away from McAfee and Norton (Symantec) products, regardless of use.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The best in my opinion is to have separate programs. All it takes is one virus to knock out an entire security center. It takes a more complex virus/trojan to disable many separate programs though. Personally, here's what I'm using.

Avast! Antivirus Home Edition 4 (free)
Spybot: Search and Destroy, MalwareByte's Anti-Malware, Windows Defender
Windows Vista's/Windows 7's UAC
Linux router with NAT/Firewall and content filter

Does great on all of my machines here.

dhruv227

Reaction score
I think Kaspersky Internet Security is the best. I never had problems related to malware after that and Avast Home Edition Sucks, even my dog refused to install it on his computer. And the world's worst is Our Own Anti-virus Grandpa and Grandma - Norton and McAfee ( i think it's time for their retirement ).

sunils

Reaction score
Currently i am using AVAST for the windows 7. Its finding some harmful malwares from certain webpages when it loads in my system

jaco_don

Reaction score
ESET NOD32 Business Edition is Lite and Extremely efficient ...check out if the Business edition is available or not

Jesse

Reaction score
Im using ESET Smart Security 4.
I've already tried Bitdefender, Avast, AVG, i kinda dont like them.

But haven't tried yet Kaspersky :p

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Similar set up to Smith6612 here. Avast Home edition, the Windows firewall, plus two routers, although one router is in the DMZ of the other, so it's effectively just the one. Oh, and Windows Defender's installed, but only doing passive checks. UAC is on, and I don't have a tendency to install random stuff I don't know.

I also use virustotal.com and virusscan.jotti.org if I do feel like installing random stuff.

Teensweb

Reaction score
kaspersky is the best, according to me. But it's slow during startup though

frankfriend

Reaction score
I've used / use Avast, Kaspersky Anti Virus, SpyBot, Ad aware, Zone Alarm. Kaspersky is good, but needs repaairs now and then with XP.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
The best in my opinion is to have separate programs. All it takes is one virus to knock out an entire security center. It takes a more complex virus/trojan to disable many separate programs though. Personally, here's what I'm using.

Avast! Antivirus Home Edition 4 (free)
Spybot: Search and Destroy, MalwareByte's Anti-Malware, Windows Defender
Windows Vista's/Windows 7's UAC
Linux router with NAT/Firewall and content filter

Does great on all of my machines here.
Smith has got a point, and if I was rich and had top secret info I would have a combo of Kaspersky, Zone Alarm/Comodo and Spy Sweeper. All I really have though is BitDefender Internet (and I hate it, sorry spiral). I think Kaspersky is much better and much less buggy, but it is too expensive.

Last edited: