Best Linux Distribution

Which linux distribution you like most?

• Total voters

saurjk

Reaction score
i actually use a KUBUNU distro... which has the same backend as the UBUNTU one... only with KDE added... instead of GNOME... however, i have to say.. for me .. UBUNTU is the nxt best thing...

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Linux Mint is better. Although still naff!

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Ubuntu is great for peoples first adventure into Linux; I pefer CentOS for servers (Due to there long release cycles, more stable platform) and Fedora for desktop (Short release cycles, more bleeding edge).

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Is server operating system is entirely different from desktop & professional training is required for it?My friends learn redhat when they do the course of hardware networking.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Is server operating system is entirely different from desktop & professional training is required for it?My friends learn redhat when they do the course of hardware networking.

RedHat and CentOS are the same things, they have slow release cycles, which is good for servers. You don't want to be upgrading a server once a month.

Fedora is more of a keep current OS, they have new releases every 1-2 months, which keeps them bleeding edge. You can use CentOS as a desktop OS and Fedora as a Server OS, it's basically up too you.

I don't want to be upgrading my server every few months.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
RedHat and CentOS are the same things, they have slow release cycles, which is good for servers. You don't want to be upgrading a server once a month.

Fedora is more of a keep current OS, they have new releases every 1-2 months, which keeps them bleeding edge. You can use CentOS as a desktop OS and Fedora as a Server OS, it's basically up too you.

I don't want to be upgrading my server every few months.

Heh, I know you hate updating your Counter Strike server a day after VALVe released another update lol.

Last edited:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I love Ubuntu :)

My laptop runs Ubuntu Desktop and netbook runs Netbook Remix. I find it quite easy to use and looking forward to the new Unity interface in Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix.

I also like Puppy Linux.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Yes, ubuntu 10.10 is going to be released in next month.Let's see what new features it will have.

Last edited:

kreator12

Reaction score
I downloaded Puppy Linux last night and I think it works like magic, without installation we can do anything :)

InfinityFX

Reaction score
I run Ubuntu 10.10 exclusively on my laptop. It's fast, stable, and does everything I need and want it to do. My current uptime is almost 3 weeks, and it's still going strong as the day I installed it. I have Compiz-Fusion installed and have quite a few of the animations enabled, so that I think it looks really cool. I also have it themed like a Mac using Mac4Lin

letapk

Reaction score
Who made that list? You include Debian derived distros and the list does not contain Debian itself?

20000 plus packages, rock solid, tested, is and will always remain free.

My vote goes for Debian.

conzone

Reaction score
looking at Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) at the moment over umbongo