Best Linux Distribution

Which linux distribution you like most?

• Total voters

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
We all people have different tastes and different choices based on our nature.When it come to Linux you have so many flavors to taste.Which we call distributions of Linux.Each distribution have same thing called Linux's kernel, but what makes them is different is, their features.

In my opinion Ubuntu is best.

Quote below is picked from about ubuntu of ubuntu 10.04 :-

So that's what ubuntu offers and don't forget you can get free live cd of ubuntu by shipping anytime.
Just visit http://shipit.ubuntu.com

Now its your turn to tell which Linux distribution you like and why.

I prefer Fedora for the support they offer and I did not try Ubantu.Can you point me to a source where to download the most reliable version of it?
Regards,
VVBB

Newspapercrane

Reaction score
I personally like Ubuntu. Being a linux newbie, the tons and tons of written documentation (specifically other people's previous forum questions) have helped me a lot.

kinley3

Reaction score
I use Ubuntu. I used SuSE waaaaaay back in the day, but since Ubuntu is all I've used since like 2003, I can't say it's the best ;)

A couple days ago, I got the idea of trying some new distros just for giggles. Haven't done it yet, because I'm trying to whittle the list down and actually make a decision. Fedora comes to mind, as do openSUSE and Slackware. Any other suggestions?

bluefusionx

Reaction score
I find Ubuntu best for desktop and laptop use and Suse best for servers.. Ubuntu wins hands-down on package variety by far.

cheezo

Reaction score
I use Ubuntu. I used SuSE waaaaaay back in the day, but since Ubuntu is all I've used since like 2003, I can't say it's the best ;)

A couple days ago, I got the idea of trying some new distros just for giggles. Haven't done it yet, because I'm trying to whittle the list down and actually make a decision. Fedora comes to mind, as do openSUSE and Slackware. Any other suggestions?

use debian.. its the most stable linux..and most use widely for server besides redhat.
they are currently releasing their squeeze which i think is gonna be revolutionary

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Shalom!

I got my first taste of Linux (not RH) back in 1999.

Then, someone from the neighborhood was doing a masters in computer science and she told me about Red Hat and other dotcoms.

I wasn’t too excited about it though. But, I kept on trying to learn it.

Since, then I have been using almost every version of RHEL on and off.

For home use and experimenting, I have been using Fedora from ver FC4.

So, no need to guess, I vociferously support Fedora and RHEL.

Thanks!

kanno

Reaction score
Ive been using Ubuntu full time without Windows since version 8.04. Ubuntu 10.10 is what im running now and is definitely the best Linux ive used in my life, so far!

kurtlinux63

Reaction score
I'm using Ubuntu for our desktop and servers. I think Ubuntu is a popular choice because of it's ease of use compared to other major linux distributions. I've tried Mandriva, RedHat and Novell by the way.

kooKyGuY

Reaction score
I currently prefer Linux Mint Debian. It is based on Debian's testing branch. Have been a Linux user for about 10 years and have mostly used Debian based distributions. Ubuntu is good as well, but for me Linux Mint Debian has been faster on every computer I have had both installed on. It even runs like a champ on my old Vye Tablet PC/mini notebook with an 800 MHz CPU. I dual boot with Jolicloud on it. Jolicloud also works well on such a little computer.