Best Malware Detectors? Is Spybot Search & Destroy up to date?

frankfriend

Reaction score
Has anyone recommendations for anti Malware software. In the past, Spybot Search & Destroy was regarded as good to to great - but has it fallen behind or is it still used widely, and updated?

Darkmere

Reaction score
Malwarebytes is by far the best ... it is the only freeware software that will remove malware that expensive programs state it cannot be removed

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cnet.com is always a good source of free programs with Editor and User Reviews/Ratings

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Have you found any of those "features" required and not opt-outable?

2. Just used cNet to download Malwarebytes and there was no "additional" stuff.

apisds

Reaction score
I use Malwarebytes Anti Malware. I think it is good enough for my current needs. No viruses in my system so far. Been using it in tandem with McAfee AV.

CoolFinalFan

Reaction score
Both the Free Version & Pro version of Malwarebytes Anti Malware are great. Even the Free version gets stuff. In comparison to Spybot > A notch above!

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I usually install malwarebytes to a thumb drive as a backup plan as there are some viruses will prevent you from installing/updating it, so it's good to have a backup plan (if you get one of those fancy thumb drives with a read-only switch that is even better so you don't have to worry about the infected computer writing anything to the thumb drive).

remy87x18

Reaction score
I just installed both Spybot and Malwarebytes just to be on the safe side.

sluthra

Reaction score
Imo, Spybot is dead. It used to be good, not so much anymore. Superantispyware has been my preferred.