best shopping cat program?

rhspooky

Reaction score
what is the best shopping cart program to use with x10 hosting? Not mysql based, more like something that works inside ...say joomla

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I will move this to "Scripts and 3rd Party apps" as it is not a support issue.

bookwise

Reaction score
I have looked at all three shopping cart programs: Cube Cart, OSCommerce and Zen Cart and while they all basically do the same thing I reckon that Zen Cart has the edge. I like it because it ihas been upgraded fairly recently and some of the problems ironed out in new version. Also has the product type option which means you can modify such as add ing new fields without having to change any of the core coding. I've just installed Zen Cart on my site. Good luck with your choice.

Sunflower-Products

Reaction score
Are you still using Zen Cart? Still like it? I'd like to visit your site - is the URL available (I'll be checking profiles and such next)?
Edit:
I'm looking into trying to install Zen Cart, but I have read that a php level of 'intermediate' is a minimum requirement.

My account lists 'basic' for my php level, and when I have tried to upgrade through the account panel, I get the following:

"This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2."

Should I be able to install the Zen Cart s/w with this php?

Should I start a ticket to try to upgrade my account?

Thanks.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Yes, as far as I know it is still fairly routine & quick for the upgrade to intermediate level to be granted once you have requested it. Then your installation should work OK.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Sunflower-Products

Reaction score
Yes, as far as I know it is still fairly routine & quick for the upgrade to intermediate level to be granted once you have requested it. Then your installation should work OK.

When I click on the "Upgrade PHP" option on my account panel, I get:

"This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2. If you are not sure what that means, don't worry about it."

Should I start a ticket?

TIA

zen-r

Reaction score
I would, since no staff have answered your question here.

Then at the very least, they can tell you if it's not supported at the moment, or what to do to get the upgrade.

Last edited: