Best Video Editors

iholla

Reaction score
Adobe for me is the best package in video editing. They have a host of applications included in the CS3 Production Edition. I have heard of Vegas and Shake???

Adobe premiere, onLocation and Ultra still do it for me!!!

What about you?

tittat

Reaction score
I prefer ULEAD its simple to use.Many inbuilt effects are there.It makes professional output too.

theafterthought

Reaction score
Windows Movie Maker
...not! Unless you like your computer crashing every time you try to preview what you have just spent the last hour creating! Ulead seems very good, my friends uses it a lot for his movies. But Adobe is king when it comes to video editing

D

dWhite

I've never really dived into video editing. I used to use Windows Movie Maker for my little World of Warcraft movies, but that's about it. I tried Sony Vegas 7 and it was extremely confusing.

Does Adobe offer a trial demo for their video editing software?

cenobite321

Reaction score
I think it really depends of what you want for a video. If you are doing somethin simple (like a familiy video) I think it is better to use editors like

For Windows: Magix Video Deluxe, it's 10 times better than Windows Movie Maker since it has some cool extra effects and it is really easy to use.

For Mac OSX: iMovie HD 6. Better than the "new" version of iMovie that is included in iLife 08, since it's more intuitive.

In case you want to do something more professional:

For Windows: Adobe Premier

For Mac OSX: Final Cut Pro

Both have some similar features and both require some extra experience and can have some restrictions with formats but the outcome is really fascinating.