What's better Nvidia or ATI?

• Nvidia

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • ATI

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Slothie

Reaction score
I'd have to go with nVidia, I'm a 8600GTS SLI user and IMHO, nvidia has better multi monitor support.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Even I'd go for Nvidia, I personally have one and the other day I was reading PC World's review of latest Video cards,and Nvidia beats ATI hands down, i.e ATI has a lot of catching up to do with Nvidia's latest GPU....Man do those cards look scary

Slothie

Reaction score
Double post, please delete

Last edited:

Wowie

Reaction score
I was using Nvidia for years... I haven't encountered problems...

So i guess Nvidia is better than ATI.

Shenlone

Reaction score
I'm generally an ATI user, but over the years of reading reviews etc... It does seem that Nvidia has come out on top more times than not when compared to ATI. Although now that ATI has been purchased by Nvidia, i wonder what kind of progress will occur now from the two.

- Shenlone

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I don't think ATI has been purchased by NVidia, As far as I know AMD owns ATI and unless it is new I don't think Nvidia purchased ATI......

Slothie

Reaction score
ATI does have monster cards though (Physically anyway)

omychron

Reaction score
I voted Nvidia, but that's just because I've always been very happy with those cards, never any problem.
I don't think you can really call one better then the other, they're both very similar performance-wise.
Once one of the two has some new card which is yet again faster then the previous, the other company launches an even faster one 2 months after, and so on. :D

Sohail

Reaction score
I have had experience with both - Nvidia and ATI and Nvidia is the best way to go. It has better support for things like 2 monitors and stuff... Nvidia is also more popular and comes with a lot of manufacturers like HP and Sony.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
nVidia is on top as of now. I'm sure ATi has got some tricks up their sleeve coming up..

porky101

Reaction score
i like nvidia because i have always been happy with their products i had an ati and didnt like it that much

alfred

Reaction score
I love nVidia, only because the 8600 is cheaper, and integrates into laptops. (great for lightwave!)

Shenlone

Reaction score
I don't think ATI has been purchased by NVidia, As far as I know AMD owns ATI and unless it is new I don't think Nvidia purchased ATI......

Your right, I apologize. Not sure why i mixed the two companies together - Maybe it was too early in the morning lol. :dunno:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
No problem.....Humans always make mistakes, If he doesn't make a mistake then he is not human....LOL

mattspec

Reaction score
im buying a new card for my budget rig, gonna cost me $45cad for a 256ram (supports up to 512) nvidia card, ati has disappointed me for years now, time to try something new