BF2 1.5patch

nexhunter

Reaction score
from tgn forums.

We have some very exciting news from the Battlefield Blog today - Patch 1.50 for Battlefield 2 will be released on Tuesday, September 1. Amazingly, the Euro Forces and Armored Fury booster packs will be included in the patch for free. Here's the official word:
BF2_5F00_Banner.1251391664.jpg

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release. The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe. Stay tuned for release announcement in the near future!

As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces (Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury (Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide. The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store installed. Thank you to all of the EAUK Forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/) members who have given feedback and requests during the development of this update. The full change log for Update 1.50 is as follows:​
Continue Reading...

Dust off your BF2 discs and stay tuned for the patch release on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This sounds great. I'll have to check this content out once it is released. Shouldn't take me any more than 30 minutes to grab it off of BitTorrent or FileFront (BitTorrent if FileFront is not giving me max speed) if the file is really going to be 2GB+ big.

Last edited:

wolfster

Reaction score
Well the new map (operation blue pearl) is pretty nice but very foggy and the fact that the static anti air now does its job is great but if you already had the booster packs (like me and thousands of others) you will probably be disappointed with the patch, theres been no real attempt to stem the cheating mofo's and some cheat sites had thier hax ready and waiting for the 1.5 patch..

Ive been a big fan of BF2 but I believe its comming to end simply because there will be no more patches and have given away 2 booster packs that you had to pay for a year ago, by this time next year I can see EA offering BF2 as a free download :dunno:

eliasthecrimson

Prime Account
Reaction score
Very nice, I'll grab this when I have time. A round of BF2 every once in a while is always exciting ^^

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
About time there's a No-CD patch! I hate having to insert game disks during this day in age.

wolfster

Reaction score
EA are now working on a hotfix for the 1.5 patch to fix the alt-tab issue (alt-tab minimises the game).
after a lot of complaints to EA they have decided to address this problem and there is a temporary fix which can be found here...
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/47031

I personally have not used this fix but some of clan members have and it has caused a few a problems so use it at your own risk..

I really dont why they want to fix this, maybe its so the cheaters can minimise thier game to start up thier 3rd party cheat software :rant2:

there is no release date for the proper fix but i'll be keeping my eye on it and i'll let y'all know when the proper fix is available ;)