BingYahooGoogleAsk - four search engines at once

jmurano

Reaction score
This site was built on a spur-of-the-moment idea by me and one of my friends. I saw GoogleGoogleGoogleGoogle, and, well, the story is on the site.
http://bingyahoogoogleask.com
The idea is that you search for something, and then BingYahooGoogleAsk automatically searches for that in the Bing, Yahoo, Google, and Ask search engines.

Please tell me what you think! :D

borntyping

Reaction score
Thats actually pretty cool.

However, on a small screen you can't really see the results very well. :happysad:

But yeah, good idea, maybe I'll use it next time i need results from sereral search engines (which I do atually do sometimes, I'm not being sarcastic :) )

jmurano

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I have been thinking about the "four small screens" problem for a little while; of course I didn't originally consider it because I have a 23" monitor. :)

My idea is to have four small links, one each to temporarily expand the Bing, Yahoo, Google, or Ask frames. The problem with my current <frameset> implementation is that I can't retrieve the URL from the frame if you navigate away from the search page in that frame. In order to get around this security restriction, I'm trying out a pilot iFrame implementation and toying with it. If it works, I'll put it up right away! :D

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Thats awesome...

really good work

jmurano

Reaction score
What happens when you stay up until 5:00 AM coding?

Good things, good things indeed. :)

I've developed an iFrame-based solution that allows you to expand a certain frame, while keeping both its contents and the contents of the other frames intact. Needless to say, I'm quite proud of myself.