Biometric Flash Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygorillanet

Reaction score
Up until recently, flash drives had a capacity of 4GB max. Then we saw a sharp rise in prduction of 8GB capacity flash drives. Now, if you have a 16GB flash drive you are pretty much in the cool running.

Kanguru boast an overly priced 64GB flash drive...coming in at 2800$ which on average is way more than the laptop you are using costs!

Seeing as capacity is covered, the question now is, do we really need finger-printing securiy on our flash drives? There are tons of security softwares one can use to prevent access to an individual flash drive...so why hike the price up for a function which is not only cumbersome but also faulty?

I say, 64GB of flash memory is coo-ool...but not 2800$ worth of cool! Security Biometrics on a flash disk? Pretty much unnecesarry...Ill keep with the software security mechanims, afterall, I do not have any government secrets.

What say you?

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I am not sure I would go for the $2800 Flash Drive. I could get an external hard drive with much more capacity than that. And usb is not the fastest in terms of datatransfer. Not until USB 3.0 is released though.

Eric@TLG

Reaction score
thats way to much for that size of memory id stick with an external hard drive and my 6 gb flash drive until prices dropped.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
$2800? Good grief; you could buy two 32 GB SSDs for a total of ~$800. Solid state drives are the future!

wolf693

Reaction score
Wow, I dunno what I'd do with 64GB of space on my flash drive. I have a 2GB that I use for my website files and scripts and things, then I have a 4GB for everything else.

roctronic

Reaction score
if you need 64GB of memory on a flash drive than just buy a flipin 2.5 inch hdd.

Status
Not open for further replies.