Not open for further replies.

carlosr7

Reaction score
@garrettroyce
i was thinking that, but if that database had a bad password in it,
you'd be right back to the first issue,
which was log in errors.
I've seen with most databases that the username and passwords
get encoded when saved in a database, so cant just be replaced.
just saying.

From what you advise me, it is to do a fresh installation of Joomla and reinstall the template. The problem is that the web ALREADY HAD IT CONFIGURED and the texts written ... :-(
What if I copy all the files via FTP to a folder, reinstall and copy the files back to the server?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The files should not be restored. The database is the important part and can be optionally restored.

You can pick and choose what tables in the database to backup, and then restore. Content tables are the most valuable and least likely to pose a problem. System tables like plugins, configuration, etc. are more likely to cause a problem, and can easily be recreated by re-installing the plugin, setting a value, etc. This isn't necessarily a one-time process. You can restore one table at a time and see the result, or start over again with different restorations.

cydy.dev

Reaction score
hello helpful admins, please help me my host IP got blacklisted. I was using a computer where my password was not save on its browser that ends up I forgot my password and I didn't saw any warning of how many tries I only should enter a password that I was guessing it. If only I knew the limited tries I should have click the I forgot my password option. Please help admin thank you.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hello helpful admins, please help me my host IP got blacklisted. I was using a computer where my password was not save on its browser that ends up I forgot my password and I didn't saw any warning of how many tries I only should enter a password that I was guessing it. If only I knew the limited tries I should have click the I forgot my password option. Please help admin thank you.
you need to create your own post,
this topic was already resolved for the original poster.
staff may not revisit this post since it was already answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.