Blank Pages on my SMF (Simple Machines Forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here. First off, I want to say that I am glad that x10Hosting offers such free service. I have finished installing my SMF (Simple Machines Forum) on my x10Hosting account and I was trying to configure my "Sendmail" or "SMTP" function on. After that, I keep getting blank pages frequently on my forum. (Random cut-offs)

Here are my account details:
x10Hosting Type: Ad-Free Hosting
x10Hosting URL: http://superheroclan.x10hosting.com
x10Hosting FORUM URL: http://superheroclan.x10hosting.com/forum
x10Hosting Username: super

Solutions are appreciated!

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What are your permissions set at for the "forum" folder and the index.php file. Check those and make sure they are set to 777

Super_Hero

Reaction score
What are your permissions set at for the "forum" folder and the index.php file. Check those and make sure they are set to 777

Hello Geoff. I have CHMOD the "forum" folder from 755 to 777 and the "/forum/index.php" from 644 to 777. But now I get a "500 Internal Server Error".

What should I do now?

P.S.: I have also tried CHMOD them to 755 but I still get a 500 Internal Error.

EDIT: I have tried renaming the ".htaccess" files under "/forum/attachments", "/forum/Packages/backups/" and "/publick_html/htaccess1" to something like ".htaccess1" but no luck. What should I do specifically to the files?

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Read this post and do what it says and see if that helps:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=34270.0

Hello. I have tried inserting the following codes (as suggested) to top or bottom of my existing "/public_html/.htaccess" on the notepad but still no luck.

Code:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	# Turn off mod_security filtering.  SMF is a big boy, it doesn't need its hands held.
	SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

What could be the problem is?

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What are the permissions set to on the public_html folder. This might be a server misconfiguration and not the problem of SMF. IS this a brand new forum just set up. Maybe a re-install would also help.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
What are the permissions set to on the public_html folder. This might be a server misconfiguration and not the problem of SMF. IS this a brand new forum just set up. Maybe a re-install would also help.

My "/public_html" permission is currently at 755 and I tried to CHMOD it to 777 before that as well. This is a brand new forum and this is my second time installing it. I noticed that every time I reinstall it; my disk space meter goes up.

Anyways, do you have any alternative ways other than re-installing the SMF? (This is my second time I install the SMF as mentioned above.)

EDIT:

Set "/forum/index.php" and "/forum" to 755 = Blank Page

Set "/forum/index.php" and "/forum" to 777 = 500 Internal Server Error

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Are you installing through fantastico or manually.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Can you provide me with a test account of your forum please so I can better take a look.

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Can you provide me with a test account of your forum please so I can better take a look.

I can't even log into my admin account. I will provide you with my admin account username and password through a PM.

Let me know how things turns out.

Thanks.

-Super_Hero

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Ok that will be good enough.
Edit:
Can you get on the site now. The admin panel runs fine btw.

Last edited:

Super_Hero

Reaction score
Ok that will be good enough.
Edit:
Can you get on the site now. The admin panel runs fine btw.

I am sorry. I can't even see my forum now. The pages appear to be blank from time to time. I have tried using two different browsers (FireFox and IE7) but still no luck.

May I ask what browser are you using?

Here is a screenshot to clarify:
shforumpic.gif

Any idea?

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I am on your forum and it is running great. I changed a setting in the Server settings area of the admin panel so it will use a persistent connection to the database. It seems to be fine now. Try a ctrl+f5 (hard refresh) and see if that helps.

I can see you on the forums as a guest so you are there you just cants see it for some reason. Do you have any script blockers enabled on any of the browsers.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot, look to the bottom left. It shows me and you as guest.

Attachments

• clan.jpg
    clan.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 227

Super_Hero

Reaction score
I am on your forum and it is running great. I changed a setting in the Server settings area of the admin panel so it will use a persistent connection to the database. It seems to be fine now. Try a ctrl+f5 (hard refresh) and see if that helps.

I can see you on the forums as a guest so you are there you just cants see it for some reason. Do you have any script blockers enabled on any of the browsers.

Unfortunately, I have tried pressing "Ctrl + F5" and it just gives me a blank page randomly (Meaning: It sometimes work; It sometimes doesn't.)

Anyways, I don't think I have any script blocker on any of my browser enabled since SMF worked perfectly fine on my free old host (I switched hosts since they are deciding to disable MySQL.)

What should I do now? Do you think its something wrong on my end? I mean, the blank pages and internal server error only happens to me with this host but I don't know why.

EDIT: I saw that(screen shot) too. But when I tried to scan through the pages, it gives me blank pages.

P.S.: I have also tried clearing my Private Data on my browsers as well.

Thank You.

-Super_Hero

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well, it is either on your end or it is an intermittent server problem but your forum shows this at the bottom:

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 8 queries.

So for me it is really fast and loading with no errors. I have checked the error logs for you in the admin panel of SMF and there are none. I have optimized the database and turned on "Use a persistent connection" all seems to be running fine. Can anyone else connect to it at all ??

Status
Not open for further replies.