Blogging system's?

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Okay,

I need to choose from a range of blogging systems. I don't mind hosting it on my x10 hosting. Or if it's like program like googles blogger system. I have tried google, and it is very good. But I need to know what's the best. I have tried word press but I don't like it all to much; as I cannot find proper skins for it. I need a blogging system which has an easily changable skinning system, some thing like IPB or vBulletin where you upload the images onto ftp and upload xml file via adminCP, some thing like that so to speak. I need a blogging system which has a GOOD range of skins and the actual system is written in good php! If any one has any GOOD recomendations please include a range of skins where I can choose from, and of course the software has to be free. ;)

-echo

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
http://e107.org -more of a CMS, but very easy to use and i believe it has a couple of skinning sites that are advertised on its site, it's also absolutely free! hope you like it, if you do, please donate some points

Woolie

Reaction score
Nope, WordPress is the best, and the best of them. It's also just about the most easy one to skin as well. You only need a header and footer really. I've skinned my first one just a while ago.

See here

There are endless amounts of skins readily available for WordPress, I can't see why you're having trouble finding one.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Woolie said:
Nope, WordPress is the best, and the best of them. It's also just about the most easy one to skin as well. You only need a header and footer really. I've skinned my first one just a while ago.

See here

There are endless amounts of skins readily available for WordPress, I can't see why you're having trouble finding one.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Haha, you're right, I should've been able to find one, I may pick that one, and thanks for those skin selections. Are there anymore of these blogging systems out here though? I want to explore the blogging world, and not what. :tear:

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
there's some in your cpanel under fantastico, that's the first place you shuold've checked! lol

Cynical

Reaction score
billybob bo buck said:
there's some in your cpanel under fantastico, that's the first place you shuold've checked! lol
Yes, but I'm sure he'd rather get others' opinions firsts so he knows which ones to try and not to try.

I'd go with WordPress. I've never used it (or any other blogging software), but the ones I have seen look very nice and it seems like there are plenty of skins available for it.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i've used wordpress for a little while and that seems to suit me pretty well, it's very customizable in my opinion. i'd give it a 9 out of ten