Blue Screen of Death

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
A few years ago at school I decided to make this blue screen of death program, all it does is when the server says so, it displays an image to the user of a blue screen of death that appears on top of everything with no-way to close it until it gets the command from the server to hide the window.

So what do you do with 40ish computers and an entire comptuer lab to yourself at lunch time??? I logged into them all and started my program.... right when I clicked the button on the server to display the blue screen of death, our school's tech admin walked into the room... she flipped out when she saw all of the computers with the blue screen of death... too bad I did not have that on video :D After a few moments I went and turned off the screen and she looked at me and I started laughing so hard, she gave me that "that was not funny" look. For anyone that is interested I included an image of the computers below.

And to add... I did not get into any kind of trouble because she knew me :D

For some reason the upload fails... so here is a link to the image http://www.3dhomejoe.info/test/images/279.JPG

accel

Reaction score
That is awesome! xD
Blue screen of death pranks are always fun to play on people, I once did something like that except it was only on one computer. I changed the Wallpaper to the default Windows XP wallpaper, hid all the icons, and made it look formatted.

It was fun. ^_^

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hah, you just made my day with that screenshot above. Nothing like the BSOD during Lunch time for giggles. Thanks for sharing.

This reminds me of an old exploit I found in the older school PCs. Whenever I pressed Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key, it would cause the PC to Blue Screen (literally) and reboot. I'd tell people to press that and they'd get angry at me, unless they knew I was playing a joke with them.

Last edited:

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
I have a video some where of the computers when I had the program running, if I can find it I will toss a link up here

sandurz37

Reaction score
That's pretty hilarious. At my school you would've been punished severely for anything near that magnitude...incredibly strict.

jcscherer82

Reaction score
I remember doing something like this to one of my friends. I created a BSOD screensaver and put it on their computer. The funny thing about it was that the screen would lock and they could not get back into the computer at all. I hid the unlock screen with the password. They really did not get the joke but I thought it was hilarious.

Ah fun with computers. Knowing exploits and crazy stuff like this is always fun.:wink:

themvrules74

Reaction score
I know there was a BSOD screensaver for download at Microsoft's webpage. However I think it was XP-only. You exited from it by pressing ESC too.

3dhomejoe

Reaction score
I also have a program that makes a mac do a fake KP, I should run that on monday and get images for ya, half of our lab got switched to macs with dual boot into windows

krofunk

Reaction score
my mac had an issue that would cause the "black screen of death" although I do have to say it looks kind of grey to me...anyway it was the result of applying 3rd party updates... every time I plugged something into it the machine would die :/