Boost up your boot speed

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Thats not going to boost your boot up speed really ....that just explains what the bios is

Foggy

Reaction score
did you go on to the other pages, bigguy? The first page explains what the BIOS is, but then, later on in the article, it gives some tips that will make your computer boot up faster.

Thanks for the link.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
oh LOL no I didn`t I just saw the first page.... I`l go back and check it out

arkitek

Reaction score
im too scared to mess with my computer... i was fucking around with the way windows looks, making it look more stylish... log in screen and such... and my damn log in screen fucked up and then i could access anything in my computer, then safe mode didnt work.... bah! had to get it formatted... :(... good news is i got a memory RAM thingy majig upgrade while it was in the shop :-D

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
When every you do anything serious to your computer ALWAYS do a system wide backup first and have the xp cd handy incase you have to use its repair function. Then you should be good to go. Sound and image files used for Windows boot up are very sensitive, for example if your login sound file becomes corrupt....you will have to repair windows or reinstall it. So remember Back it up before you screw it up :)

arkitek

Reaction score
lol... the advice is waaaaay to late ;)

but thanks anyway... i was one of those kids who took apart his toys just to see how they worked... i guess im just curious by nature... sure backfires on me sometimes... lol

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Trial and error, cool. I have been building computers and repairing them for about 8 years now, and trial and error is half of the way I learned. Course I screwed a couple computers up on the way but as far as I`m concerned the best way to learn is hands on. I always loved taken things apart as a kid to, and the only thing I could get to work when I put it back together was a computer LOL So now I am so addicted to computers I am trying to open my own shop and everything now. Yep trial and error can get expensive now and again though LOL

fongpn

Reaction score
Hi. To whose who said thank you, you are welcome . I will try my best to give out more tutorials to everyone to support X10Hosting . By the way,anyone know about catalouge.google.com and news.google.com . As well,my cousin just told me about Windows E-Expedition .I got it's alpha test boot disk .Wow. when i use it ,it have a very beautiful Theme
I like it .It maybe will release next year because before it got it's original name,it was named as Windows Longhorn 2006

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
I use this programm called hijackthis! it deltes some regkeys and spyware regkeys so less processes start up at the beginning, this will boost your start and shutdown, be careful what regkeys you delete :innocent:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
you should also try a program out called regseeker. It will speed things up for you to by way of the registry and it backs it up before it does anything. Plus it can get rid of every entry in your index.dat file and has some tweaks in it to. (freeware) I use it daily and its an awesome little program. Just googl it I know you will find it