• Not worth it

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Makes no difference

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It may be more work than it is worth, but I for one enjoyed the arcade. I used to get addicted to XTraining. After all, many of the users who come here are kids starting out coding. I could babble on about how it would increase the efficiency of the forums, but I'll just put up a poll ;)

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
@Twinkie, Hehe.......

I guess that means you don't need this poll any more - there's nothing to bring back if it's still here! Maybe change the poll to "Bring Back the Link?!!"

Mind you, if the link to the arcade disappeared when the forum got its new theme many months ago (as I speculated in the other thread yesterday) - & you are the first person to notice it's absence - that would suggest that perhaps the arcade isn't very popular. :happysad:

I'm not really into playing those games myself, but just now decided to try one to see what was involved. Unfortunately, for every game I try I get the following message ;

"The administrator has disabled playing games for your usergroup."

Am I doing something wrong/ do I need to join a usergroup somewhere first, or is this the same for everyone? If so, this could also help explain why no-one goes there any more!

(On a side note : I also noticed that when the forum got its new theme, the link to the Banking and Loans section disappeared from the left column of the User Control Panel. People can still find their way to that section if they go to their Profile page from the Member's list, then Statistics, the scroll down & click "Check" which is next to their Credits total. It's much harder for people to find like this, though.)

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
I also get the "The administrator has disabled playing games for your usergroup" error message.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The arcade needs to be fixed, but hey, at least it's still there and the scores aren't wiped out. Doesn't matter to me if it's fixed or not though, I rarely used it.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Yea I knew it wasn't popular. I just noticed its absence after I started helping out with someone else's arcade, and you never know what you have until it is gone :p I still it is nice to have though, and maybe once it is resurrected it will keep ichwar busy.

Corey, can I have your permission to use from games from the forums? I doubt many if at all, but are these games under license?

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
About the NAV there a little language issue: I have English on but there now shows Support AND Soporte is that normal??

If I understand you correctly, what you are talking about has nothing to with the arcade, & shouldn't be discussed in this thread??

Soporte is just a link for the Spanish users of this forum.

I wouldn't worry about it too much anyway - the forum is getting a make-over soon & all the links may change then anyway. :)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Arcade

Arcade should be opened playing for some fun:lockd:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone should be able to play in the arcade again :p

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
When we will able to play???

Edit:
Great i am able to play now
Thanks

Last edited:

zapzack

Reaction score
I voted for it but do understand that all those SWF files take up a lot of server space and bandwidth depending on the amount of games they have..

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I voted for it but do understand that all those SWF files take up a lot of server space and bandwidth depending on the amount of games they have..

Those SWFs in the arcade are typically no bigger than 200KB. There may be a few which are larger, but I don't think it's anything to worry about, really.

zen-r

Reaction score
It is fixed already.

Maybe you need to clear your browser cache or something?