Browser based Games

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I am looking for some Browser Based Games ( Like Legend of the Green Dragon )
Something where I can setup and run myself.

I like games like space adventure, http://ikariam.org/ ... or something similar.

Anyone know of any? Or have tried something and like them?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Runescape is one, but it's soooo old! I played it when I was eight.

Im posting from my Wii XD

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Well, its not quite a browser based game that i am looking for. I guess I could run one myself ... but thats not quite what I was after.

admintwo

Reaction score
I play travian.com
and ikariam.org

They both similar, but getting the source codes for it are impossible, as they are run by a more legitamate company.

There is someone that got really close to their system, but the graphics is what needs help.

the site is devana.de
it is an opensource game, run by 1 person, which has about 300 members, and has been out for only a couple of months.

The graphics is all the game needs to be a great hit like ikariam.org and travian.com

I am maker103 in forums, for it.
I have had that game tested it through my site, that I made through x10hosting. It is quite easy to run and has alot of potential to make money, through things like ambrosia in ikariam or gold coins in travian.com

If you want some more info on what I have done or can do with these sites, and how I can help you with the devana.eu game, that is open source PM me if you want, but first I suggest you try travian.com
as it is more similar to that but also similar to Ikariam.org
Edit:
Starshine did you try what I sent you?

Like I said, the graphics are not great at all, but that is only thing holding it from making tons of cash like ikariam.org or travian.com

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
have you tried ugamela ? ist an ogame clone but its spanish im trying to translate it using babelfish

ASPX.King

Reaction score
< games edited out >

EDIT: whoops, "setup and run myself"... i keep forgetting to read the whole post!

someone was selling one of those scripts for 1000 credits, but it's asp and won't work on x10's servers.

EDIT2: it was sokii, there's links to two (or three?) of them from his sig: http://forums.x10hosting.com/members/sokii.html

Last edited:

admintwo

Reaction score
Do you mean something like HoboWars?

No it is not like that, these types of games, that starshine and even myself like working with are played on a browser for the internet as an example, and nothing needs to be downloaded, try ikariam.org or travian.com, they are great games, and make thousands of dollars month after month.

Just trying it will get you to know what type of game starshine would like.
Edit:
Regarding http://forums.x10hosting.com/marketplace/50805-selling-game-script-1-000-credits.html

and the script, I was wondering If I could buy a copy of the script as well, please PM me if your interested, though I would like to see a demo first, if it is possible.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
I think that some of the best browser based games are done in flash, most people support it too...

admintwo

Reaction score
Games like ikariam.org has many flash related things in it, so does travian.com
In my opinion, a good game is a game that inquires a number of different computer languages made to work together and create something that can be fun and help make a profit.

kcchan

Prime Account
Reaction score
Batracer is a browser based racing sim. The game works a lot like an fantasy sports game in which you set up your car and determine the pace and aggression of your driver as you race against other people. I've had a lot of fun playing this game.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
i would suggest putting in a description, not just a login form

that way people know what it is they're registering for

a really big description with screenshots, and story overview, i always think browser-based games don't put enough of a description

so what is this game? (and what's "mafia"? i hear it all the time in browser games, but none of them care to explain it in their description)

Last edited:

mutaz

Reaction score
i would suggest putting in a description, not just a login form

that way people know what it is they're registering for

a really big description with screenshots, and story overview, i always think browser-based games don't put enough of a description

so what is this game? (and what's "mafia"? i hear it all the time in browser games, but none of them care to explain it in their description)

i don't know why you said so please next time check the TOS and the FAQ on the main page i don't think any game have a better description it took me long time to do the FAQ