Browser War 1

What is the best browser

• Total voters

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Koshimi said:
It better work on Linux!

Umm... Well, I use linux. The fact of it working on linux. Well, it was suppose to be a browser replacement for IE, beause, im sorry for anyone that says its good but, IT SUCKS! So i will probbally not have a linux version. Maybee in the future but currently my engine doesnt work on linux. (Yes its a gaming engine but it stil works)

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
cyberxzt said:
Umm... Well, I use linux. The fact of it working on linux. Well, it was suppose to be a browser replacement for IE, beause, im sorry for anyone that says its good but, IT SUCKS! So i will probbally not have a linux version. Maybee in the future but currently my engine doesnt work on linux. (Yes its a gaming engine but it stil works)
You're using Game Maker to make a browser? If that's true, why use a program which according to the creator will never be ported to other OSes? One which, even on the OS it should be used for, doesn't work on many computers due to their video card (unless you use an old version, 5.3a)? One which produces far larger executables than the exact same program in Python or C++ (GM doesn't compile things)? A program where things are also much slower than they would be if they WERE programmed in Python, C++, or another language? If someone wants an IE replacement they can use any browser currently available. Browsers such as Opera and Firefox which are cross platform and already well developed with a large userbase. Browsers with a large programming team that can get things done quickly and efficiently.

It's your project. Only you make the decisions. I'm just saying that using a limited tool isn't a smart thing to do when other options are available.

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
Koshimi said:
You're using Game Maker to make a browser? If that's true, why use a program which according to the creator will never be ported to other OSes? One which, even on the OS it should be used for, doesn't work on many computers due to their video card (unless you use an old version, 5.3a)? One which produces far larger executables than the exact same program in Python or C++ (GM doesn't compile things)? A program where things are also much slower than they would be if they WERE programmed in Python, C++, or another language? If someone wants an IE replacement they can use any browser currently available. Browsers such as Opera and Firefox which are cross platform and already well developed with a large userbase. Browsers with a large programming team that can get things done quickly and efficiently.

It's your project. Only you make the decisions. I'm just saying that using a limited tool isn't a smart thing to do when other options are available.

Well im making an engine using it but I believe ive just been schooled.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but im taking an online free un-official course in VB. I dont think thats multi platform either though.

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Haha, I know this poll is based on personal opinions... But I would like to base my vote on benchmarking tests although Opera is not a choice on this poll I am using Internet Explorer, so I voted for that.

I believe most of you are misled about Firefox if you think it is the greatest. Current benchmarking tests and just plain comparations show that the three top browsers in ascending order are...

1. Opera - the absolute best ATM
2. IE7 - second best
3. Firefox - third

For all those who think Firefox is the best, http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/FirefoxMyths.html

If you want want more proof that it is best only 3rd in the rankings, google it.

IE7 is although better than Firefox, Opera is clearly above them both. It is estimated that IE8 (being released around the time of Windows Codename: Vista) is going to take the lead. As for the cool neat little features like tabs, you CAN get those in IE aswell.

Last edited:

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
pensoftware said:
firefox, hands down

Damn, I have to get me the secrets of Firefox. I don't know how but they seem to have brainwashed half the online population. :hsugh:

pensoftware

Reaction score
civilr said:
Damn, I have to get me the secrets of Firefox. I don't know how but they seem to have brainwashed half the online population. :hsugh:
I wasn't brainwashed, just paid to say it hahah :-D

genxtrm

Reaction score
Do everybody really likes firefox????
Yah! I like it but not much! I use IE mostly!

Rufio1

Reaction score
im all for IE7 but i like the quick bookmarks on FF. Overall i like the design of IE7 compared to Firefox but IE6 to FF, firefox takes the cake

genxtrm

Reaction score
Giving more for firefox does anyone like IE more than firefox???????
Dah!!!!

genxtrm

Reaction score
I like IE forever!!!!!!! nevermind if im usung firefox!!!!!
bleeee!

Bonekhan

Reaction score
What the hell?

No. No. No. No. I KNOW you accidently left out Opera. It was a mistake, right? Because Opera will take the market HANDS DOWN.

Mmkay?