C++

nate16000

Reaction score
is it possable to make a site out of C++??
and if it is what are the possableleys

sorry enlgish is not my first language:laughing:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
C++ is a "compiled" programming language. It can't directly be used as a "web application", because of that. It has to be compiled, which usually means that it will become an ".exe", or executable. Indirectly, I believe it could be used to do *some* things involving a website, but not like a server-side programming language would be able to do, such as PHP, or ASP.

chitwa

Reaction score
It can be used on the server side to process info (Theoretically never seen it). There is even a header file to include in linux calle cgi.h. Man, debbuggin it must be hectic. better stick to the known, before jumping into the deep!

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Yea, thats what I meant by "Indirectly, I believe it could be used to do *some* things involving a website,". I definetly could be used to proccess information that could be passed to it from a webserver, but not directly "there", like php/asp or anorther would be.

flapietoetoe

Reaction score
this is not totaly true u have a form of c : its called c# its a combo of c++ and java
and if u use c#.net you can use it to make web aps if i am not mistaken

Wai_Wai

Banned
Reaction score
nate16000 said:
is it possable to make a site out of C++??
and if it is what are the possableleys

sorry enlgish is not my first language:laughing:
I think it is possible, if you ask me, at least in theory.

The foudamentals of HTML, XML, Perl, PHP and everything else are all derived from programming languages.
Programming languages are all derived from assembly languages.
Assembly languages are all derived from machine languages.
Machine languages are all derived from binary digits (ie 0 and 1).

Actually everything in computing are just 0 and 1.
So why we can't make a website in C++? Surely it is much much easier to do it with binary digits, isn't it?

PS:
- By the way, you are going to ask for very, very, very, very... big trouble if you do it with C++. So I never recommend you to do such things unless you wish to break record to be the first C++ website designer. :D
- I'm not really a programmer (although I know a bit about programming), so I could be wrong. Tell me if it is so.