Caching in SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartflight

Reaction score
Important! Read this first before enabling these features.

SMF supports caching through the use of accelerators. The currently supported accelerators include:
APC
eAccelerator
Turck MMCache
Memcached
Zend Platform/Performance Suite (Not Zend Optimizer)
XCache
Caching will work best if you have PHP compiled with one of the above optimizers, or have memcache available. If you do not have any optimizer installed SMF will do file based caching.

SMF performs caching at a variety of levels. The higher the level of caching enabled the more CPU time will be spent retrieving cached information. If caching is available on your machine it is recommended that you try caching at level 1 first.

Note that if you use memcached you need to provide the server details in the setting below. This should be entered as a comma separated list as shown in the example below:
"server1,server2,server3:port,server4"

Note that if no port is specified SMF will use port 11211. SMF will attempt to perform rough/random load balancing across the servers.

SMF has not been able to detect a compatible accelerator on your server.

That's what SMF has to say. My forum is slow, I'm on chopin. The update at status.x10hosting.com was 4 days ago and I believe Chopin and the other server have been relieved by now.

SMF 2 RC2 does basic caching as of now, but I want to use level 2 caching.
Help?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I think only basic caching is enable right now, I can't even use memchached on my wordpress blog.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Hello,

We do not provide support for accelerators. Some of our free servers are currently having networking issues which is why your site is loading very slow.

smartflight

Reaction score
Oh well, thanks Christopher!
Guess I'll have to wait again..and hope for a speedy experience!

I'm holding onto you guys, don't let me down! :|

Status
Not open for further replies.