Can’t select database wordpress error

Status
Not open for further replies.

singingingtelegrams

Reaction score
I'm getting a "cant select database" error on my wordpress site. It seems others are having similar SQL problems so I tried to troubleshoot from that.. I checked my config file and it is set to 'localhost' and the database user is the same as it shows up in phpmyadmin (its bobaloui_collage) but I am still getting the error. So my databases/users are all showing up in myphpadmin..all the settings in my config seem to be right. Any ideas?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
See: http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/117437-mysql-update.html

If Corey says your server is done, then please try this:

Go to phpMyadmin through cPanel and use the Export feature to backup your database.

Go to MySQL Databases in cPanel and drop the user from the database but do not delete the user.

Reassign the user to the database giving all permissions.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, make sure your WordPress configuration file has the database host set to 'localhost' . If it is not, change it.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
On the page you should see a table like:

Current Databases;

abcd_wrdp1 0.00 MB abcd_wrdp1 X Delete Database

The X (in a circle) drops the user from the database.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm getting a "cant select database" error on my wordpress site. It seems others are having similar SQL problems so I tried to troubleshoot from that.. I checked my config file and it is set to 'localhost' and the database user is the same as it shows up in phpmyadmin (its bobaloui_collage) but I am still getting the error. So my databases/users are all showing up in myphpadmin..all the settings in my config seem to be right. Any ideas?

What is the URL where you got error?

Status
Not open for further replies.