can everyone uses cuteFTP pro v7 help me?

hammerguy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a new member of this forum
I am using cuteFTP pro v7 to upload my files to my host, but I can't CHMOD my files and folder. When I choose CHMOD to 777 ,logs window show :connection closed.Why?
Plz help me
Thanks!

n4tec

Reaction score
Hello, you are most welcome to x10. when you get accepted by any staff member i will help you with your CuteFTP zib but as per now you are not known around x10...

*4*

Maurice

Reaction score
nforchange said:
Hello, you are most welcome to x10. when you get accepted by any staff member i will help you with your CuteFTP zib but as per now you are not known around x10...

*4*

Omg, what is that for a reason not to help him? And tell me , what version is it? Home, Professional or Mac?

LA clan

Reaction score
Auvee said:
n4, shut up. Thanks.
Regarding the issue, it might be a problem with our FTP server, I'll look into it in a bit.

-Auvee B.
i had a problem with my ftp uploader to... "LIST" doesn't work..

Matt

Reaction score
yeah, i would use smartftp, especialy if your using the trial of cuteftp. i havent had that problem when i used it though. try contacting them, though your not gonna get much help if youre on the trial.

hammerguy

Reaction score
My FTP version is cuteFTP v7.0 professional registered.Please help me! I can't CHMOD my files

n4tec

Reaction score
hammerguy said:
My FTP version is cuteFTP v7.0 professional registered.Please help me! I can't CHMOD my files

silly me for being rude the first time...
http://x10hosting.com/showpost.php?p=22489&postcount=2

TRY THE LINK BELOW
http://www.perlservices.net/en/faq/cute_ftp.shtml

I personally use Smart FTP and i recommend it... Yesterday while upgrading my blog i deleted the config file good thing i had anothe folder with files for the blog so i transfered them from folder x to folder y... Having FTP is great...

Last edited:

funindia

Reaction score
Meanwhile if you immidiately need to change permisons, you can do it too in cPanel. Just open File Manager.

n4tec

Reaction score
funindia said:
Meanwhile if you immidiately need to change permisons, you can do it too in cPanel. Just open File Manager.

that is a good suggestion but if you have to CHMOD 30 files and 4 folders... can you use the above method? Of course NO but it is good for 1 - 5 files... And even to transfer 30 files from one folder to another.. an you use the above method? No!!!

FTP rocks in general!!! :homestar: :blink: :grin: :chris:

Last edited:
N

Nathan

I tried CuteFTP, hated it.
WSFTP, decent.
FlashFXP, the best.

NewFuture

Reaction score
i use cute ftp and smart ftp avnt really changed permissions on files so i dont know if i ahve that problem