Can I buy a domain from x10 with only an free/shared hosting account, or do I need to buy x10Premium first?

RebeccaRipple

Reaction score
Hi x10 Support Staff,
I'm thinking of buying a domain name to test a web app I've been working on, but I don't want to upgrade to x10Premium just yet. Can I buy the domain through x10 first, before I upgrade my hosting plan? If so, how? I only want to buy my new domain name from x10's website, not a third-party provider (GoDaddy, etc.) Please reply soon! Much appreciated. I hope I can get started on this soon!
Thank you very much,
RebeccaRipple

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this time we do not offer domain purchases without being a premium user. We have plans in the future to allow domain ordering within our free hosting panel but there is no ETA for this right now.

I would recommend shopping around for the best price for your domain name you want and purchase 3rd party. Once ordered you can simply change your Nameservers to ours and everything will work right away!

RebeccaRipple

Reaction score
Hi Eric,

Okay. Really, I just prefer not to "order out" - lol - because
1. I don't have to worry about DNS that way, or
2. I like to avoid the risk of choosing from an unfamiliar, potentially suspicious provider; and besides,
3. I prefer to support the x10 hosting network with my meager ration of money, rather than some strange company I've never heard of before.

You know what I mean? I'm not refusing to order out, so to speak. I just wish there was another option for me.

Anyway, thank you for your reply, Eric S! I hope you have a great day!

So, to any other x10Hosting clients who read this thread, do you have any recommendations for outside domain name providers that you'd be kind enough to share? Any at all? ... Please?

Thanks again for your help,
Rebecca

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words! I fully understand and certainly appreciate wanting to support us! However, right now our system is not designed for non-premium to order domains :(.

We have had good luck with domains directly from google and/or Cloudflare.

RebeccaRipple

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words! I fully understand and certainly appreciate wanting to support us! However, right now our system is not designed for non-premium to order domains :(.

We have had good luck with domains directly from google and/or Cloudflare.
Google apparently stopped selling domains directly. I checked. Now they direct potential customers to Squarespace... I'd never heard of them before. I'll look up a few comparison articles or something after I look at the ones @serennau22 recommended to me.