Can I connect to SQL Database from my PC ??? Legal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnygaddaar

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all, I hope that I am posting it in right section.

I am having a Clan website and I run Clan matches on my server.

I have a Plugin in my Server which will show Clan Matches details and results on the Website.

So it requires to connect to database.

So I just want to know that is it legal for me to use database from this side ??? It will connect and update each and every day as on a Public Game server, there are matches one after another ...

So plz tell me

Thank You

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Remote MySQL like that is not available for free accounts. Have you tried using MySQL in your cPanel instead?

johnnygaddaar

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Have you tried using MySQL in your cPanel instead?

Oh Yes !!! :cool:

I am running Server on a Statis IP. So I think that I can add the IP Address to Remote SQL Section and can allow only my Game Server to use My SQL.. :redface:

I think I am right na ??? :confused::confused:

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

Oh Yes !!! :cool:

I am running Server on a Statis IP. So I think that I can add the IP Address to Remote SQL Section and can allow only my Game Server to use My SQL.. :redface:

I think I am right na ??? :confused::confused:

No, that won't work, because the x10hosting Firewall doesn't listen to the Remote SQL section of cPanel. That section is mostly there because we can't block it from appearing in the first place.

The firewall on the mysql server will disallow any connection that isn't coming from x10 itself - if it's not one of the free servers, the connection is dropped, which would include your home pc.

johnnygaddaar

Reaction score
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

So then I think for the Game Stats, I have to use any other Free Database because I cannot setup Database on my own PC due to some personal problems.

Anyways, Thanks for your Kind information. :rolleyes:

It helps a lot for future clearance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.