Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Origin

Reaction score
Can I make it so *.originxt.com loads some page, even a 404 error page? So if I type

somethingrandom123.originxt.com it loads a 404 error page or just redirects to originxt.com ? This way if they add some subdomain that doesn't exist, it'll redirect them to the home.

Goten X

Reaction score
You can do that a .htaccess I believe. If you don't know how to work with one of those, I'll help you with it.

|GX

Maurice

Reaction score
Doesn't Cpanel have the options to make error pages that redirect you? They should have. :)

Origin

Reaction score
.... That's with files not found, but unknown subdomains just give a generic DNS problem

Goten X

Reaction score
ademonicbaby said:
There are more error pages then just 404 :I.

Yeah, I can't remember the numbers, but he's right. I do understand what you are saying, and I suggest you ask you DNS provider about that. I think you are saying you don't want a page that shows up like this. I hope that helps. :happy:

|GX

Origin

Reaction score
What I mean is that, if I load somerandomURL.originxt.com it gives me a "Site cannot be found" error, not a "404 error" that the server gives out.

Any way to make it so that the server reports the error? Or so that *.originxt.com where the subdomain is not defined, loads originxt.com?

Foggy

Reaction score
Check your domain registrar. They sometimes support wild-card subdomains.

Origin

Reaction score
But the DNS is pointed at x10, so x10 is the only one able to do all these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.