Can I go for vps?

Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading but not right now because I can not afford. But after few days may be I can. I have configured my fedora pc as web server and I was able to successfully realy. I tried to test actually. I am asking because I have googled but unable to find any demo or any trial of vps. And I went through x10vps and there are written vps for advanced users. So, I can not decide I am advanced or not due to i do not know how to operate vps or panel because I never did. But I configured apache and php with mysql in my pc. So What do you think can I handle vps?

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
IF you are not familiar with linux server setups, you can get cpanel + management from x10, which provides some management.
Also there is no demo vps because that would take up allot of resources. You can simply install Virturalbox, then install a server setup of centos or whatever other distro you plan to use and play with it that way.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading but not right now because I can not afford. But after few days may be I can. I have configured my fedora pc as web server and I was able to successfully realy. I tried to test actually. I am asking because I have googled but unable to find any demo or any trial of vps. And I went through x10vps and there are written vps for advanced users. So, I can not decide I am advanced or not due to i do not know how to operate vps or panel because I never did. But I configured apache and php with mysql in my pc. So What do you think can I handle vps?

http://www.ctrls.in/buyonline/linux-vps.php

This site provides free 30 days trial.

Don't know if this offer is valid for non Indians or not.

Learn here and then buy vps from x10hosting. there price is very high in comparison to x10vps. That may sound cheap that you are using them just to learn, so its completely your choice whether to use them or not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ya I'm Indian too :D Thanks for the suggestion i have already asked them for a trial. Defiantly I am not going to pay minimum 3000 for a month when I am getting the same almost around 800 or 1000 at x10.

Last edited:

ben.arundel28

Reaction score
support is good here, probably the best Ive had from a hosting company + there is this forum, IRC and Google is your friend if you ever get stuck

nesia28

Reaction score
VPS can help you define the sphere of your administrative control and offer you the kind of self sufficiency that you would want with the DNS. This would ensure that your domain name would only remain yours.