Can I host 2 paid domains with one account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freenetter

Reaction score
I have 2 paid domain names I registered. One of them I already have associated with my hosting account - that is, when someone types in the URL, the URL is hosted by X10.

But I just bought another domain name, and am wondering if it's possible to associate the second domain name with my X10 account, but not to have the second domain name point to the first, rather to have the second domain name have it's own hosting location

(I.e. I don't want domain 2 to point back to domain 1, I want domain 2 to have it's own hosting, but with my one freenetter X10 account).

Is this possible? The reason I am asking is I have X10 Double Hosting Special loaded on my account and I don't want to have to create a new one :D, and also it's convenient.

Thanks guys! Rock on, A+ service as always!!!!!
:biggrin::biggrin:

sunils

Reaction score
You can park your second domain with the help of CPanel. This process will create a folder in your public_html directory. Put the files for the second domain in that directory. Now you both sites will run.

freenetter

Reaction score
Great news. Thanks sunils! Greatly appreciated.

Just one more thing on that note - if I type in the URL of my second domain name, will the address bar show this long location link for the site pages?

(e.g. domain.com/public_html/secondsite/index.html?

Or will it just be domain.com/index.html
or domain.com/page1.html

sunils

Reaction score
public_html/secondsite

will be the root directory of the second site.. So that will not be shown in the address bar.

freenetter

Reaction score
Fantastic - thanks for that sunils! I appreciate your help!

**Issue resolved**

Status
Not open for further replies.