Can I install a new module?

newatthis

Reaction score
Thanks.

When I say I want to install a new module, yes, I should say I want to install a new Perl module.

I have the module file. The instructions on the web site say to run the installer exe file. I don't think I can do that and have it install in my x10hosting directory. I want to use this module in a Perl script on my web page.

Any idea how to install it to my perl directory on x10hosting?

Thanks.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If I am right, the only way for you to install specific modules on perl in X10 is if you have a VPS or a whole server. However try to include the module use
Code:
use Module::Name();

newatthis

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks again.

I tried my script and called the module as if I knew it was installed. It couldn't find the module and then crashed.

Maybe X10 could install the modules for me.

Otherwise, I might forget the modules and just hard-code the formulas and routines I need.

Thanks.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If the module makefile doesn't do anything more complex than copying files and setting attributes (ie no compilation and doesn't alter file contents), you can install the module by hand into (eg) ~/lib/perl. At the start of every script that uses the module, add ~/lib/perl to @INC:
Code:
BEGIN {
  unshift @INC, '/home/<username>/lib/perl';
}
If you want it to be a little more self configuring:
Code:
use File::Basename;
BEGIN {
  unshift @INC, dirname($ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'}) . '/lib/perl';
}

Edit: Finance::QuoteDB::Geniustrader shows up in the list of modules installable from cPanel. Log in to cPanel, go to "Perl modules" and search for "Geniustrader".

Last edited: