Can I point my free domain name to my own hosting service?

yovasys

Reaction score
What I would like to know is if I can set my own DNS's in order to use my own hosting service resources but using my current geppettvs.x10.mx domain name.

Please let me know. Thank you

yovasys

Reaction score
I don't think you can change that, but it looks like you can add subdomain such as www.geppettvs.x10.mx pointing to an IP (note: www. might be a reserved subdomain)

You could then set geppettvs.x10.mx to 301 redirect to www.geppettvs.x10.mx

There are some DNS tools inside cPanel which makes me think it is possible, and someday I found a document where x10hosting explains how to use it. But I can't find it at this very moment.

So, I don't want to point another domain to this hosting, and I don't want a re-direction. What I wish is to keep the geppettvs.x10.mx as is, no www. no subdomains, not anything else. Just geppettvs.x10.mx but use my own hosting service. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

yovasys

Reaction score
I still do not understand

Hello, thank you for your interest.

Look: When you purchase a domain name with some registrar, regardless if you have a hosting plan with the registrar/domain provider, which I suppose it may include x10hosting, they allow you to set up your own DNS's in order to point your new domain name to a currently existing hosting service.

In my case, I already have a hosting service with another provider, I would like to point my current geppettvs.x10.mx domain name to this different hosting in order to take advantage of the hosting resources, which are different from what x10hosting provides with the domain name.

I know I can purchase a service with x10hosting but I don't need another service, just want to keep my current domain name.

Thanks in advance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The sub domains we offer as free domains for our hosting services are not possible to transfer to another hosting service, they are not the same as when you buy a domain at a registrar, they are offered as a courtesy to be used with our services.

yovasys

Reaction score
The sub domains we offer as free domains for our hosting services are not possible to transfer to another hosting service, they are not the same as when you buy a domain at a registrar, they are offered as a courtesy to be used with our services.

Thank you. I appreciate your time and all your support.