Can I run a Chatroulette "clone" script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacc196

Reaction score
Hey,

Just a quick question...with the free package, is it possible to run a chatroulette "clone" script? (see http://download.cnet.com/Chatroulet...oftware-Source-Code/3000-2150_4-75157431.html). I've downloaded the files but thought I'd check before I tried to upload anything. It won't be host to many people (less than 15 or so), it's for a group project with some friends. We just wanted to create our own version and alter the design a bit etc.

As far as I can tell, I may need to use cPanel command-line to install the script? Is this doable with the free package/at all? I'm also not very sure whether I'd need a VPS or not. It seems like if I went down the red5 media server route (central hosting of the video/audio) I would need a VPS and a lot of bandwidth, but if I used it in conjunction with Adobe Cirrus beta (if I can install this) then it'd be fine? I'm just quite confused!

If anyone could shed any light on this matter/give me any advice, I'd appreciate it!

Phil

Last edited:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It does not look like this can be run on a shared hosting environment. You'll likely need a VPS or your own server,

Status
Not open for further replies.