Can not access account or reset password

sam_m_w

Reaction score
My forum account sam_m_w . First joined X10hosting in 2008 and kept active account (with minimal suspensions), however around the end of 2021 and also the x10hosting migration my account lapsed. I received inactivity warning but could not activate back my account. Tried many times over the last months to log back into account, each time I used "forgot password" I received nothing in the email.
Looked similar cases and it was told to rejoin and then admin would hook up old account again. however when I tried to rejoin the system won't continue and shows "This email is already registered",
I can provide more info about the account and the relevant email address if needed.

Can you please help or advise what I should do now.

Thanks
Sam

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
there is no services listed for for the forum name you have.
if your account lapsed when the migration was taking place chances are its gone now.
staff might be able to fix this for you if you can provide some information. (if files still exist)

since the migration, the login has changed to https://x10hosting.com/login
have you tried the lost password link since migration ?
everyone was required to change passwords after the migration,
did you complete that step that was required ?

im sure staff can help you but you need to provide at the email address.
possibly also the last known domain name you had.

sam_m_w

Reaction score
Unfortunately my account lapsed during the migration and I could not reset or change the password.
Over the years my X10hosting domain changed many times however I always used sub domain afjchurch.xxxx@xxxx.com, also I had it directing to my private DNS www.AFJChurch.org
I have backup copies of most of my site content, however seems my email address is still active because when I tried to rejoin using my email address I got the message "This email is already registered" .

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i cannot find any information based on the website domain you provided.
perhaps if you provide the email address i can find something.

my access is limited, so without an email address i cannot do much more.
staff might be able to if/when they read your post.
but this is free support generally based on users helping other users.
so staff does not always review all posts. but they do check from time to time.
so it might take a while before they reply.

sam_m_w

Reaction score
I think I initiated the account in 2008 with sam_m_w@usa.com (which is currently inactive email) then later I probably changed to afj.church@yahoo.com, however before the migration, I didn't use the email to login, I always used my X10 username afjchurc.
Thanks

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
OK the yahoo email worked but shows your account was terminated by the system on 2022-02-24.
the new system i believe uses the email address for login now not just the username.
if your yahoo email is still active thats where any password reset notices would have been sent.
they might have gone into the spam folder on yahoo. id advise checking there if you still have access.

staff might be able to do something with the email address information.
would have to wait for a staff member to reply here.