Can search engines crawl X10 sties with their default configurations?

darin72299

Reaction score
I'm currently working on SEO for my site which is currently hosted on a free account. I did some initial SEO about a month ago, including telling google the site exists. At this time google still hasn't crawled the site.

My question is:
Is there anything about the free x10 hosting configuration that by default would prevent search engines from crawling? (I didn't see any robots.txt problems)

edmund81

Reaction score
No there isn't. If you type my site into google (reviewminer.co.cc) it comes up. Try typing your domain and see if anything comes up. If it doesn't try signing up to Google Webmaster Tools and submit an index. If you have it might be that it just hasn't gotten around to it yet because it might be a new site, there is nothing on x10 blocking it.

darin72299

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
until today searching google for my site using site:friendzcafe.x10.mx showed no results. This morning however the site showed up finally. With your information and finally seeing the site show up in google's index I can concentrate on making sure the site itself is doing everything possible to play nice with the search engines and do everything possible with the google webmaster tools and so on. :)

Another question:
My site is a drupal site. One of the things they recommend to make the site more search engine friendly is to use clean urls. When drupal tests to see if the webserver is compatible with clean urls, it says the site is not compatible. (I think apache's mod_rewrite module has to be installed and enabled.

does anyone have any experience with drupal and clean urls on this hosting service.

Last edited: