Resolved Can send email but not receive it - except spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spbcx10m

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure what is going on. I've been told that messages sent to our email are not getting through, so I've done some tests. I sent a couple of short messages from the two personal email I use on hotmail and gmail and found that the messages do not get to either of the mail boxes I've set up on springfieldparkbaptistchurch.org.uk. I've also tried replying to a message sent from both the email addresses with the same result. There is no bounce message and there is nothing in the spam folder.
There was a junk message in one of the inboxes though, that had a time stamp earlier today, around 03:17 I think.
It was working until recently, but I can't be sure exactly when it stopped working. Could one of the admins look into this please, we are hosted on X12.
Thanks,
Peter

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you checked your disk quota when you log into DirectAdmin? I had another user that stopped getting emails because they were over storage or inodes. I had another user delete the account and then add it again with the same information. I'm not sure how much diagnostic data I can provide, but these two options may allow you to clear the issue.

spbcx10m

Reaction score
I've just checked, both disk space and inodes are well within the limits at just under 50%.
Several hours after sending the last test message I received this in a message saying that there is a temporary problem and gmail will continue to try to deliver the message for 44 more hours:
DNS Error: 3110352 DNS type 'mx' lookup of springfieldparkbaptistchurch.org.uk responded with code NOERROR 3110352 DNS type 'aaaa' lookup of mail. responded with code NXDOMAIN 3110352 DNS type 'a' lookup of mail. responded with code NXDOMAIN

Does this help to see what is happening? Is it showing there may be a problem with the mx record or the mail server?

spbcx10m

Reaction score
It seems to be working again now. I tried just re-saving the MX and A records for the mail server without changing anything and have been able to receive the test message I just sent. Hope that helps if somebody else has a similar problem. Lets hope it stays fixed though?

Peter

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The DNS transfer from the old system to the new system seems to have suffered the most errors. What you did makes perfect sense. I'll keep the ticket open a few more days just in case.

spbcx10m

Reaction score
Ok, thanks.
Unusual for me to do something that makes sense :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.