Can Soapbox bump YouTube off the Pedestal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaint

Reaction score
microsoft one isn't released i think. YouTube has a steady platform, it will be hard to compete since they already have a foothold and millions of loyal users. They can slap people around with their new tos and privacy policies, and people will still come back for more. Let's not forget that YouTube gained its popularity because of piracy, people uploaded movies and tv shows and youtube got a lot of traffic because of this, but then once it became more mainstream - they shortened the file size allowed, and people started uploading useless and inane content - and somehow ppl still love it and keep going back.

Chris Z

Reaction score
wow....by shear guess, i found the link xD here it is....http://soapbox.msn.com but it looks like it's invitation only :(

apparently it's part of the "Live" evolution

Last edited:

vitaorsa

Reaction score
Yeah the microsoft Soapbox is currently 'invite only' as it is still in Beta stages..

Should be interesting... If microsoft link it to their MSN and MSN Blog Spaces, i think it will gain the upper hand.. Googles has been out a little while but hasn't seemed to kick off (lack of marketing?)..

The race begins..

Last edited:

Cubeform

Reaction score
YouTube has no business model whatsoever. I'm surprised that it's still here.

t2t2t

Reaction score
I got soapbox invitation, and i gotta say... ITS C**P!

Youtube FTW!

remie

Reaction score
i think youtube is the best because on google you get a ****load of reclam only bad thing of youtube is that you aint got a large screen :S

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
well, for those that don't there it is, and obviously there isn't going to be a youtube around to compete with so it looks like it is down to MS and google.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Geoff said:
well, for those that don't there it is, and obviously there isn't going to be a youtube around to compete with so it looks like it is down to MS and google.

Huh? Why won't youtube be around to compete? Google bought youtube to be like Microsoft and a lot of other businesses. Scoop up the competition to get an upper hand.

From what I've read, Youtube isn't being shut down or changed any ... just under new ownership.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, so it's not going to be the owners of youtube competing if Google owns it right. It will be google.

Status
Not open for further replies.